Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lol lol Well cutting it in your average cutter could be tough too. I could manage though. :p

Hi

I had it cut as I left the shop. I bought four good cigars, a humidifier for my plastic case (humidor) and a cigar holder for $35.00 at Tobacco Exchange. The place in Norman charged me $30.00 for two cigars. The Cohiba WAS good though just not $17.00 worth.

Later

Kid Mac

Practically Family
Raising the pipe pennant. . .

McClelland Scottish Woods in a Barling meerschaum. Good smoke, dry ashes.

Cheers,
Mac

Hi

I had it cut as I left the shop. I bought four good cigars, a humidifier for my plastic case (humidor) and a cigar holder for $35.00 at Tobacco Exchange. The place in Norman charged me $30.00 for two cigars. The Cohiba WAS good though just not $17.00 worth.

Later

The Cohibas usually are good but not that good. :p Did it burn evenly? They usually don't. :p You can get a deal ont hem once in a while through Cigars International---better than that anyway.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I tried it in a Medco Cigar holder, burned evenly. I bought the holder so I can burn the Quorum's which are made from pretty short leaves. I also bought a torpedo shaped Quorum for the same reason.

Later

maduro 5

A-List Customer
The Cohibas usually are good but not that good. :p Did it burn evenly? They usually don't. :p You can get a deal ont hem once in a while through Cigars International---better than that anyway.
I find that Siglo VI and Maduro 5 always burn evenly, may be it is my luck but I do not remember a bad cigar in the past several years. Tonight Siglo VI that I put away in 2005. Simply outstanding.

maduro 5

A-List Customer
You ain't missing anything. :p
I have to put some salt on the wound. I am stuck in Moscow on business and have to stay here for another week. But last night I tried a 2011 Cohiba 1966 Edicion Limitada. I think I read somewhere that it was suppose to commemorate 45 years of the Cohiba brand (the one from forbidden island as you called it). It is one gorgeous cigar. The wrapper is dark chocolate and oily. And it is a seriously powerful full bodied smoke. I would rather be home and smoke something with less pedigree but since I have to suffer this eases the pain:)

I have to put some salt on the wound. I am stuck in Moscow on business and have to stay here for another week. But last night I tried a 2011 Cohiba 1966 Edicion Limitada. I think I read somewhere that it was suppose to commemorate 45 years of the Cohiba brand (the one from forbidden island as you called it). It is one gorgeous cigar. The wrapper is dark chocolate and oily. And it is a seriously powerful full bodied smoke. I would rather be home and smoke something with less pedigree but since I have to suffer this eases the pain:)

Sounds good. I had a San Cristobal El Morro. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy