Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
The cigar I had tonight.
Morepipes012.jpg
[/IMG]

bulldog1935

Suspended
I'm stuck on Illusione Epernay and Illusione candelas.
I've become real sensitive to bitter flavors in cigars, which pretty much rules out all Dominicans, and I really don't like heavy one-dimensional cigars with leathery wrappers.
I'm generally fond of strong cigars with shade wrappers and a couple I like are 601 and El Original from Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo.

Last edited:
I'm stuck on Illusione Epernay and Illusione candelas.
I've become real sensitive to bitter flavors in cigars, which pretty much rules out all Dominicans, and I really don't like heavy one-dimensional cigars with leathery wrappers.
I'm generally of strong cigars with shade wrappers and a couple I like are 601 and El Original from Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo.

Geez, if I noticed bitter flavors then I would be certainly to not buy those again. :p
Oh and last night was a Partagas Serie D No. 4 with a dram of The Dalmore Cigar Malt of course. :D

WH1

Practically Family
Last night had dinner with Nick Perdomo and his son Nicholas and a group of fellow lucky devils. We shared cigars, a 16 year old port (very nice) and a truly wonderful 1986 sherry. It was a most pleasant evening.

Last night had dinner with Nick Perdomo and his son Nicholas and a group of fellow lucky devils. We shared cigars, a 16 year old port (very nice) and a truly wonderful 1986 sherry. It was a most pleasant evening.

Oh geez! Now you are truly killing me. I would love to have been along.
His Patriarch that I got through CRA was one of the best cigars I have had. He is producing some world class cigars.

bulldog1935

Suspended
Geez, if I noticed bitter flavors then I would be certainly to not buy those again. :p
Oh and last night was a Partagas Serie D No. 4 with a dram of The Dalmore Cigar Malt of course. :D
your palate changes, your interests change, many cigars I used to love, I have completely lost interest in.
Sadly, most habanos are not what they used to be, and of course the business of smuggling them through the internet has become perilous in recent years. Collecting cigars used to be high on my list, but my interests have also changed, so a very good consistent hand-to-mouth cigar is important for me. If you have the chance, try an Illusione Epernay le Matin.
Certainly still like Principes and LGC MdO #2 (a sit down only cigar and better have something with sweet malt at hand as well, or you won't even be able to sit).
But on a wonderful September Alaska trip where guiding myself on the Russian River by 2pm this day had landed 26 rainbows and dollies that all looked like these - and quit because I was tired -
fish1-1.jpg

dolly.jpg

sitting at the lodge firepit by the Kenai at the end of the day when I took this photo
firepit.jpg

was smoking a '94 SD4 that a friend had handed me the week before, and sipping Hennessey.
Some cigars are worth remembering.

Am also fond of Perdomo's top line cigars. My humidor is a spanish cedar footlocker, and in the bottom, I have a portion of a box of Perdomo Reserva No. 2 rosados (short figurados). Next time you see Nick, tell him alfa said hi.

Last edited:

bulldog1935

Suspended
Cigars International, which is a so-so outfit, IMO. I post on cigar weekly, and they have pretty good heads up there for deals. So I bought one bundle, realized that's exactly what they were, and they were gone when I went back. So I had 20 sticks. They were very good.

WH1

Practically Family
Agree on the Patriarch a good cigar. It was interesting talking to Nick about the political climate in Nicaragua now versus the late 90's. Also the modernization of the tobacco growing process. That and the De Silvio was a really good smoke during the conversation.

RedPop4

One Too Many
834 flippin' pages??? Holy Crap!!!
James, how's life, old bean?
Bulldog, I think I know you, from Bulverde Texas ;)

So I got in a Cuenca y Blanco, a new brand, from the Joya de Nicaragua mob, named for Dr. Alejandro Martinez-Cuenca and José Blanco, who moved to JdN about a year or so ago. Full strength, but not overpowering, a good smoke, with a leathery character for the first half. Interestingly, it put out a nice, thick smoke, but only when I double-drew. First draw was always nothing, so a second draw in quick succession would do the trick. It's a touch pricey, about $10 for this robusto, not what I normally spend, at all.

834 flippin' pages??? Holy Crap!!!
James, how's life, old bean?
Bulldog, I think I know you, from Bulverde Texas ;)

So I got in a Cuenca y Blanco, a new brand, from the Joya de Nicaragua mob, named for Dr. Alejandro Martinez-Cuenca and José Blanco, who moved to JdN about a year or so ago. Full strength, but not overpowering, a good smoke, with a leathery character for the first half. Interestingly, it put out a nice, thick smoke, but only when I double-drew. First draw was always nothing, so a second draw in quick succession would do the trick. It's a touch pricey, about $10 for this robusto, not what I normally spend, at all.

Well, we had to keep it going without you. :p
Everything is fine here. Last night was a PSDN4. :p
The Joya brand is doing very well and always had been one of my favorites along with the LFD brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy