Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

DesertDan

One Too Many
I started getting too many burn and draw issues across several of their lines. Unacceptable for cigars that are in the $15 - $20+ price range (no, I didn't pay that much but still).

It is Ironic that just today I went to my tobacconist to pick up my beloved Gloria Cubana and he convinced me to try a new Gurka sub-brand they got in. It was inexpensive so I' thought I'd give it a try. :D

djhatman

One of the Regulars
I smoked my first egg last night. Drew Estate Egg with a Maduro wrapper. I really enjoyed it and it burned much better then I thought it would. I think I will have more of them down the road. Very complex cigar chocolate, espresso, woodiness and some black pepper. If your up for something a little different I would say give one a try. Just make sure you have time to finish it.

DesertDan

One Too Many
I have noticed a general decline in their pricing. Then again these are no longer the boom times!
I will say that Gurkha makes the only infused cigar I ever liked, the Grand Reserve. It is the commoners version of the HMR which goes for several hundreds of dollars per stick!

Last edited:

DesertDan

One Too Many
Just a quick look at Cigar International shows that depending on the ring, there are several that get close to the $20 mark.
Several years ago Beast, Beauty, Titan and Grand Reserve were in the $15 - $20 range at retail. Buying from online retailers enabled one to get them for half that or even less on occasion.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another double Cohiba Robusto day. Burning some Davidoff Danish Mixture in my new Peterson Flame Grain B10.

I have noticed a general decline in their pricing. Then again these are no longer the boom times!
I will say that Gurkha makes the only infused cigar I ever liked, the Grand Reserve. It is the commoners version of the HMR which goes for several hundreds of dollars per stick!

Gurkha has ALWAYS been overpriced. Now they are realizing that it is just too high an end for their cigars.

Just a quick look at Cigar International shows that depending on the ring, there are several that get close to the $20 mark.
Several years ago Beast, Beauty, Titan and Grand Reserve were in the $15 - $20 range at retail. Buying from online retailers enabled one to get them for half that or even less on occasion.

CI and Best Cigar are the two outlets to get those from. They just aren't worth full price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR