Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pulled another branch. This one from a Monte Double Edmundo even before I lighted it .
IMG_20150608_202836567.jpg

maduro 5

A-List Customer
I am in Japan for 2 weeks, came across of a nice lounge in Ginza, Le Connoisseur, and had 2007 Por Larranaga regional cigar for Asia Pacific. Really nice.

Blackadder

Vegas Robania Maestros this afternoon. Very Robania not my favourite but a nice cigar. image.jpg Also had a Cohiba Siglo 2 and a Romeo turbo #1.

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
2 questions:

1. When storing your cigars in your humidor do you keep the cellophane on or do you remove the cigar from it?
2. How often do you light up?

2 questions:

1. When storing your cigars in your humidor do you keep the cellophane on or do you remove the cigar from it?

I take the cellophane off as I find that it slows down aging. This is particularly important to me if I get cigars in which are "fresh rolls." They get past the "sick stage" much faster without the wrappers.

It really just depends. One to three times a week usually.

Blackadder

Vegas Robania Petite Robania. Though also a regional edicion, this one lacks the distinctive Robania taste. Fonseca Cosaco.

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
I started taking off the cellophane to store them. It just seems more liberating for the cigar to me. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any serious cons to do so.

I take the cellophane off as I find that it slows down aging. This is particularly important to me if I get cigars in which are "fresh rolls." They get past the "sick stage" much faster without the wrappers.

It really just depends. One to three times a week usually.

I started taking off the cellophane to store them. It just seems more liberating for the cigar to me. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any serious cons to do so.

The only con I can think of is in the off chance that you get a beetle infestation; the cello wrappers keep it more contained. However, I have never had such an infestation so that is a moot point for me. Keeping the temperature mild and the humidity, as advised, usually keeps the conditions adverse to beetles.

2 questions:

I don't take the cellophane off, but then again, I never keep more than 30 or 40 cigars in my humidor at one time. I don't try to age them at home. I keep the bulk in my locker at the cigar shop (I don't take the cellophane off of those either). Which brings me to question #2...it depends. I probably average three cigars a week, but sometimes I smoke three in a day, sometimes I go a week without smoking any. A lot depends on the weather. You and I live in the same town, so you know what it can be like outdoors at different times of the year. I get to the cigar lounge when I can in the summer, but that's hit or miss, depending on how busy I am.

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
The only con I can think of is in the off chance that you get a beetle infestation; the cello wrappers keep it more contained. However, I have never had such an infestation so that is a moot point for me. Keeping the temperature mild and the humidity, as advised, usually keeps the conditions adverse to beetles.
I don't think I will have to worry about beetles. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran