Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

MMarsden

New in Town
Filled my pipe with Macbaren Virginia #1 last night. Good plain Virginia at times, sour and hot at other times.

Tonight it will probably be some Dunhill My Mixture 965 or GLPease Odyssey.

warbird

One Too Many
I'm not at all a fan of acid. They're wretched to me, but I love the Padrons. Drew Estate does make some good stuff, I just don't like acids. A while back Steve Saka sent several of us at Cigar Weekly prototypes of his Chateau Real. They were a big enough hit he produced them. They are a nice mild smoke, very flavorful for a mild in fact. They beat the hell out of a macanairo.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I used to love the Acid brand before I could "taste" real cigars. Now I am starting to be able to say a cigar has this flavor or that in a non flavored cigar.
I really find the CAO America has a distinct taste to me anyway. And I recently had a $2 Flor De Oliva that had been in my humidor for a few months that had a sweet taste almost like a swisher.:D

indycop said:
Still waiting to hear you tried an America...:rolleyes: :D

The next striped cigar on my list to try is the Felipe Power Dos Cappas or Tres Cappas.

dos_capas.jpg

If you happen to have one laying around......:p
Tonight I plan to get through another selection from my Hoya de Dogrocket variety pack and see why any of these are rated so highly. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh: Not one has been decent enough for me to give a decent compliment as yet. Geez, you would think they have something. Their draws are a little too firm for me to enjoy the cigar taste---as if there was some. The burning paper Sumatra was just wonderful. :rolleyes:
Come to think of it, I took advantage of the three cigar Montecristo Platinum deal on the Altadis USA site for $9.99. 1 Habana #2 (52 x 6 1/8) 1 Toro (50 x 6) and 1 Robusto (50 x 5). (www.montecristoradio.com) The deal is supposed to ended October 31, 2008. One per household. Fortunately, I have three addresses to use. ;) :p
I missed the free cigar offer they had last month---darn it!
The 6-8 week wait isn't going to kill me. I still have plenty of Monte No.2 to go through. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I soaked my new humi-care humidifier in distilled water per instructions and I have a huge pile of goo where it completed exploded into a blob and popped the lid off. I called CI and they are shipping a new one with a return label to send whats left of this one back. So I guess I get to see how good their customer service is.:eusa_doh: :rolleyes:

indycop said:
I soaked my new humi-care humidifier in distilled water per instructions and I have a huge pile of goo where it completed exploded into a blob and popped the lid off. I called CI and they are shipping a new one with a return label to send whats left of this one back. So I guess I get to see how good their customer service is.:eusa_doh: :rolleyes:

Ok, which one did you get? Seems like the Crystal gel one. :p
I bet they might have overfilled it with the crystals just a little bit. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Ok, which one did you get? Seems like the Crystal gel one. :p
I bet they might have overfilled it with the crystals just a little bit. ;)
That would be the one! If only I could scoop it up and make a humidifier out of all that mess.....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24