Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Eduard

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Wait, when did they start making those on that exotic little island? ;) :p

Hehehe, right, they don't make these on my favorite exotic island but I've promised a fellow member that I would try one so I did :D

Eduard said:
Hehehe, right, they don't make these on my favorite exotic island but I've promised a fellow member that I would try one so I did :D

Well then, elaborate and compare to say something from that exotic little island. ;) :p I know its hard as they are entirely different in taste profile but I mean draw, construction, burn, taste and if it was something you might try again without being dared by another member. ;) :D

Eduard

Familiar Face
Just had the second Oliva Belicoso (bought 3 sticks, each comes from a different box), this was by far not as good as the first one... :rage:
One more to go...

I had a Don Diego in my quest to clear out the bottom of the humidor last night. ;) Not too hot on this one. Maduro wrapper with mexican filler. Kind of cheap and tasting it. Very mild, good draw and an even burn though. Not impressed with the cap construction but it was ok. It was consistantly woody and boring I guess. [huh] :D

Slim Portly

One Too Many
I thought the participants of this thread might enjoy this.

I was filling out paperwork for a new doctor today, and there were three questions regarding smoking. Do you smoke? How much? How long? I answered yes, 1-2 cigars per day, until they are done.

I laughed when the receptionist explained to me that the last question meant "For how long have you been smoking?"

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Funny reply Slim, give 'em hell!:eusa_clap

I must tell you, that I do not state myself a smoker on insurance forms.
I do not want to be lumped into a higher insurance bracket with the pack a day or worse crowd.
I'm ok with the stick together or hang alone philosophy that cigar smokers have had to adapt when it comes to cigarette folks when it comes to our rights. But, there is so little linking cigars and typical "smoking" health isssues that I won't join them when the insurance issue pops up. Just my .02. (sorry saw this was for a Docs visit...too lazy to edit everything, c'est la vie LOL)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Another Por Larranaga tonight, I definitely will get more of these.:D One snip of my cutter and the draw was perfect. One match to toast the foot and light, perfect burn, great taste.........;)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
rmrdaddy said:
Funny reply Slim, give 'em hell!:eusa_clap

I must tell you, that I do not state myself a smoker on insurance forms.
I do not want to be lumped into a higher insurance bracket with the pack a day or worse crowd.
I'm ok with the stick together or hang alone philosophy that cigar smokers have had to adapt when it comes to cigarette folks when it comes to our rights. But, there is so little linking cigars and typical "smoking" health isssues that I won't join them when the insurance issue pops up. Just my .02. (sorry saw this was for a Docs visit...too lazy to edit everything, c'est la vie LOL)
Agreed. On insurance forms, I take all questions about smoking as referring to cigarettes, to which I honestly answer that I am a non-smoker.

Oddly enough, I actually ended up going to the doctor in the first place yesterday because of cigar smoking. We were having a beautiful warm night earlier this week, so pulled the big wicker papa-san chair out into the backyard to enjoy a smoke. While I was out there a spider decided to join me. He made it half-way up my leg before giving me a taste. I don't know how much he enjoyed his bite, but it didn't do me much good. I'm okay, it wasn't anything serious, but we do have black widows and brown recluses, so I just wanted to be safe. I'm left with a crimson red splotch on my leg about the size of a quarter, and now I'm afraid I must smoke in the comfort of my living room until the weather turns again.

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
cheap cigars

When I was working I smoked Punch Punch, Punch Pita or Punch Double Corona at more than a C note a box of 25 including shipping. When I retired I decided to economize and started looking for an alternative for my regular smoke. I had grown unhappy with Thompson's service and shipping policies over the years so I went to JR Cigars web site and found "JR Alternatives". I ordered a bundle of the alternative to the Punch Pita. What a pleasant surprise! They are every bit as good as the real thing, perhaps even a little better. Two bundles of twenty sticks from JR costs about half what a box of 25 Punch brand cigars cost.

My every day smoke: JR Alternative Punch Pita, EMS wrapper! A great handmade cigar at a fraction of the price.:cool2:

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
1st Cigar I have ever really enjoyed...

My neighbor took me out for brunch today.. afterwards we made a stop at his favorite Cigar shop where he urged me to try a good cigar. Not being a smoker I was reluctant, but I agreed. It was a Ashton Maduro... and to my surprise I found it to be very smooth and really enjoyed it, it seemed to really compliment the coffee I was drinking. I decided to purchase an extra one and the shop owner gave me a few pointers. I find myself now wanting to read up and try more... so I will be listening to what you gents have to say on what to try next and any advice is duly appreciated.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Alright Brylcreem!
I find that coffee goes well with a lot of cigars, glad you had an enjoyable experience.
You may want to check out Cigarlive.com. A lot of great guys and a TON of information.
Keep smoking!

rikrdo

A-List Customer
Casa Torano Churchill.
Wrapped in Connecticut Shade.

Last night on the way to work smoked some GL Pease Fillmore in my Vollmer and Nilsson mini freehand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy