Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
:eek: lol lol Nope , My body clock is so screwed up though cos I work from 6PM to 6 Am and then when I am not working I kinda sorta switch back to a normal sleep pattern. It is pretty rough on me though which probably explains why I get to visit the Cardiologist in about 9 hours.:eusa_doh:
Ouch. Hope it goes well.
Cops here in Oakland have been put on a 12 hour schedule
and most I talk to aren't very happy about it. Our chief has
never been a cop (he was in corrections and has read a
lot of books...) and has made a point of saying that morale
isn't important to him...

Here's hoping a good cigar now and then helps your sleep!
If not, we'll have to talk to Art about making you a new hat
with flip down sleep mask...

Dayonfire

New in Town
Last Night's Cigar

Rocky Patel "The Edge" Maduro Missle

Along with some excellent craft beers on the White Trash Patio.

Rogue Dry-Hopped St. Rogue Red
Lagunitas "Censored" Ale (Rich Copper Ale)
Stone IPA

All while reading Provinces of Night by William Gay and writing my thoughts with a vintage fountain pen.

For me, heaven has no other name.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
Our chief has
never been a cop (he was in corrections and has read a
lot of books...) and has made a point of saying that morale
isn't important to him...
Always nice to know yer boss cares about you!:rolleyes: :eusa_doh: I made the mistake of mentioning that we could not fill one of the vacancies and split that salary up amongst the department, only 30 of us, since we are not getting any kind of raise whatsoever for who knows how long. You would think I was gonna get run out of town by the admins.lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I noticed last night while browsing the Cigars International catalog that a box of Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classics run around $123 for 20. I also noticed you can get a 5 pack in the same size for $20!?? Is all that extra cost just for the box, I don't get it?
If my math is right that means 20 for $80.

Edit:now I can't find where I saw them five for $20:eusa_doh:

WH1

Practically Family
Last night I smoked a Romeo y Julieta #3, a very nice cigar. I purchased 10 of them while in Ireland a few weeks ago and they have been resting since.
I also enjoyed a Perdomo Cabinet Series this weekend.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tonight I absolutely HAD to have a Don Pepin so at 8 o'clock at night I took off to one of the cigars bars to get a couple. I had the Don Pepin Cuban Classic and Dee had one of "MY" Por Larranagas. She is liking them waaay too much, I may have to put them under police protection in the CPP (Cigar Protection Program).

That Don Pepin may very well be my absolute favorite cigar. Everything I read about it describes it as his most full body cigar but it does not come across that way to me. Every one that I have had is sooo smooth and flavorful.:cool2:

And YES James I still love my CAO's:D

WH1

Practically Family
indycop said:
Does that mean they came from that little Island?:D

Yes I bought them in Ireland which isn't that little an island:D

but seriously they are Cubans, I have started a scorched earth policy towards them ala Kinky Friedman. Just doing my part for freedom, capitalism and democracy around the world;) lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
:D Tonight's smoke was a Romeo Y Julietta Habana Reserva. I would say it was a good mild cigar, good even burn. I did spend a little time thinking about a Don Pepin though.:rolleyes: :D

Eduard

Familiar Face
We have the perfect weather for a cold beer and a good smoke on a terrace so I had the El Rey del Mundo, Tainos (box of 2001).
Without doubt a very complex cigar, requiring a trained palate to appreciate fully. The transition in flavour down the length is astounding. Fantastic cigar for the experienced smoker!

RedPop4

One Too Many
Hey guys.
Last cigar was Thursday night, my buddy went to Philly for a conference and caught the staff at Holt's putting out a box of Arturo Fuente Añejos. Before that, Monday night, was a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic. Those are little pepper bombs, but so tasty in spite of it.

The big tobacco expo, formerly known as the RTDA (Retail Tobacco Dealers Association), the IPCPR (International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers) was held a couple weeks ago in Las Vegas. Altadis debuted a couple new sizes of H. Upmann amongst a LOT of other things.

General released a few things, but most notable the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Legend series, punching up the strength a bit, which got good reviews. And the show-stealer for them is a 40th anniversary Macanudo 1968. If you know anything about seasoned cigar smokers, it's that they feel that Macanudo is a beginner cigar--very mild. They are the most consistently well-made cigars available, burn well, draw well, with the most beautiful, silky Connecticut Shade wrapper out there. But they're objects of some derision because they're so mild. Well, from what I hear, even the most sarcastic smokers are queuing up for this one. Give them a look.

And, not to be an arse, but take a look at Frank's IPCPR article over at Cigar Weekly.
IPCPR Report

indycop said:
Tonight I absolutely HAD to have a Don Pepin so at 8 o'clock at night I took off to one of the cigars bars to get a couple. I had the Don Pepin Cuban Classic and Dee had one of "MY" Por Larranagas. She is liking them waaay too much, I may have to put them under police protection in the CPP (Cigar Protection Program).

That Don Pepin may very well be my absolute favorite cigar. Everything I read about it describes it as his most full body cigar but it does not come across that way to me. Every one that I have had is sooo smooth and flavorful.:cool2:

And YES James I still love my CAO's:D

But do you still like them as much as the Por Larranagas? ;) :p I gave one to my friend Saturday as we BBQed. He smoked it down further than any other cigar I have seen him smoke. :p Another box just seems to be a good idea. :D

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Yesterday: Avo Uvezian Maduro Number 2 (6x50). A very bad experience, I regretfully report. It had a lovely aroma before cutting and lighting, but it was downhill from there. I used a punch which may have cause me to use a stronger draw than I would have otherwise. The first half of the cigar was ok, with peppery notes, but not as good as the aroma suggested. At about half-way I got a nasty taste of tar and that was that; there's really no recovering from tar on the tongue. I tried using a scissors to cut around the punched opening, and that did help with the draw, but the experience was ruined and the taste didn't improve significantly. I'll chalk this one up to unfortunate happenstance and add the name back to the list of possible future smokes.

This morning: Partagas Spanish Rosado Sabroso tubo. A pretty, reddish-brown wrapper as promised by the name. I used a scissors, having read that these guys sometimes have a tight draw. I did cut a bit shallower than I intended, and indeed the draw was just a little tight, but nothing bad. Being a rosado and not a maduro, the overall flavor is medium, rather than full-bodied. The flavor was consistent and pleasant throughout. I tried "hot boxing" it, taking three or four quick, deep puffs, and it gave me no trouble, just a mouth and nose full of earthy, medium smoke. The burn was even all the way down, and it ended with a pleasant flavor of rich loam. I would suggest a deep, possibly angled cut for this fellow should you wish to give it a try.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
But do you still like them as much as the Por Larranagas? ;) :p I gave one to my friend Saturday as we BBQed. He smoked it down further than any other cigar I have seen him smoke. :p Another box just seems to be a good idea. :D
I will get 2 more boxes of the Larras, 1 smaller and 1 bigger. It's kinda hard to say because they have different tastes to me. The Brazilia is a little sweeter, nuttier to me and the Larranaga just exudes creaminess and seems really smooth.:D
I wish I could get those Don Pepin's for the price of the Larra's:)

geckoheart

Familiar Face
This morning a Rocky Patel Edge Missle- Corojo. Good amount of spice and strength. Pulled me through this mornings extended commute (2 hours where it is normally just over 1 hour).

For the ride home a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero. Another spicey treat. Perfect burn and tons of smoke. One of my favorites. Got to pick up a few more of these.

To top it off my wife called me on my way home and said she bought T-bone steaks for me to cook when I got home:essen: and that she was going to cut the grass :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo