Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop said:
I will get 2 more boxes of the Larras, 1 smaller and 1 bigger. It's kinda hard to say because they have different tastes to me. The Brazilia is a little sweeter, nuttier to me and the Larranaga just exudes creaminess and seems really smooth.:D
I wish I could get those Don Pepin's for the price of the Larra's:)

Sweeter? Nuttier!? Sounds like those blasted flavored cigars. ;) :p
What size Pepin's do you like? I could check the prices with my source. The lowest price I see is for the Generosas for $150 for a box of 25 from bestcigarprices.com. For the Black Band, The Perla 1952 is going for $72 for a box of 20. That's as good as I can get. [huh]

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
What size Pepin's do you like? I could check the prices with my source. The lowest price I see is for the Generosas for $150 for a box of 25 from bestcigarprices.com. For the Black Band, The Perla 1952 is going for $72 for a box of 20. That's as good as I can get. [huh]
Cigars international Robusto size $123 I think it's 5x50.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Robusto 1979? Bestcigarprices has it for $107.95 for 20. Not a huge difference but enough of a difference to shoot for. :D
I notice both sites have a freebie too. 5 Flor de olivas on best cigarprices and 5 different pepins on CI.:D

indycop said:
Florida?lol

Florida is an island now?! :rolleyes: :p
As an aside, since you bring up Florida, I see El Credito is now moving its La Gloria Cubana regular production over seas to Nicaragua. The only La Gloria they will produce in Miami is a special edition La Gloria now. :( Well, there goes that domestic production.
anyone try the El Credito labeled cigars? I am curious if they are like their La Gloria brethren. [huh]

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Florida is an island now?! :rolleyes: :p
As an aside, since you bring up Florida, I see El Credito is now moving its La Gloria Cubana regular production over seas to Nicaragua. The only La Gloria they will produce in Miami is a special edition La Gloria now. :( Well, there goes that domestic production.
anyone try the El Credito labeled cigars? I am curious if they are like their La Gloria brethren. [huh]
Hopefully Sosa won't be going anywhere, and isn't Don Pepin in Miami?

RedPop4

One Too Many
El Credito has been making La Gloria Cubana abroad for years. During the boom, when it was still independent, they couldn't meet demand from that little factory so they moved to the Dominican. Ernesto Perez-Carillo is still in charge, but he sold out to General Cigars/Swedish Match a number of years ago.

The new line, well, take a look. Here's what my correspondent Frank Seltzer had to say about it when he returned from the IPCPR show last week.
Another project from General is the La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami. This is a very limited production stick coming out of Ernesto Perez-Carillo’s El Credito factory in Calle Ocho in Miami. Only 250,000 will be made, and it is a tribute cigar to the artisans who have helped La Gloria and the other El Credito brands. Due to their limited nature, only a very few stores nationwide will stock them. There were no samples to be had at the show. However, I did see the artwork and the box, and can say they are beautiful as well as the result of a lot of work.
The El Credito brand is supposed to be a La Gloria second, but it's a slightly different more full bodied blend.

RedPop4 said:
El Credito has been making La Gloria Cubana abroad for years. During the boom, when it was still independent, they couldn't meet demand from that little factory so they moved to the Dominican. Ernesto Perez-Carillo is still in charge, but he sold out to General Cigars/Swedish Match a number of years ago.

The new line, well, take a look. Here's what my correspondent Frank Seltzer had to say about it when he returned from the IPCPR show last week.
The El Credito brand is supposed to be a La Gloria second, but it's a slightly different more full bodied blend.

A second that is fuller bodied works for me then. :D
Swedish Match again eh? I figured. Everything nowadays is either Swedish Match or Altadis.
I thought El Credito was still making some of the La Glorias there. Oh well, makes sense. [huh]

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
Howdy folks! a Peterson St. Paddy filled with "traditional English". a nice smoke. what are you guys puffin' on? enjoy each puff! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot