• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What do you call bow tie like these

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by ammarolli, Jul 17, 2010.

  1. I like to have bow tie like these one like the man is wearing on this photo but I don't know what is called and where to get one like these.

    Hopefully you guys can help me find bow tie like this one.
  2. Kentucky Colonel bowtie
  3. Thanks but I thought Kentucky Colonel bowtie were longer
  4. I am sure they com in mutiple lengths. If the one you get it too long for your taste you can cut & sew it shorter.
  5. Big_e

    Big_e Practically Family

    They go by String Tie or Floppy Bow Tie. I saw an older gentleman wear one about 2 months ago. He had on bib over-alls and a white shirt. In spite of that he looked dressed for work, he looked good with that string tie. Since I work in a city building, he must've tied it on real quick to come inside and conduct city business.
  6. String tie is what I would call it. Very Victorian. You see them a lot in old cowboy movies.
  7. Okay so it's called String tie but do anyone know were I can get tie like this in short version because I only find long versions.
  8. I see, so I'll just cut it as I want to have it.
  9. What you might also be able to do is get a length of ribbon about 7/8 to 1 inch wide & use that to make your own bow tie.

Share This Page