Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Gilboa

One of the Regulars
I make one-off men's shirts

When required, I help my partner with restoring antique furniture.

I also used to teach music for some time ...

Life is full of surprises :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I run a shop with two friends selling new and vintage clothes, jewellery, accessories, i love it. I also work for the local library delivering books to the elderly and disabled.

davestlouis

Practically Family
It's been a wild month at my work...I got promoted to a supervisory position 3 weeks ago, then the same day my new business cards came in, my boss got fired (he failed a random drug test) and I got promoted to sales manager this past week.

I now manage 8 sales people...we sell prearranged funerals,cremations, cemetery spaces and memorialization products(grave markers and monuments)

Now I just have to learn the job and do it well!

Drappa

One Too Many
Mr Vim said:
Anything written in Latin, sounds profound.
Not sure if you were joking, but that isn't what your signature says...

It actually says "This is my opinion, but I may be wrong". :)

After doing a MA in Politics I did a few odd jobs and then taught Marines english and Maths. I quit when my Husband got relocated by work and am now looking for something interesting to do.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Drappa said:
Not sure if you were joking, but that isn't what your signature says...

It actually says "This is my opinion, but I may be wrong". :)

Ah, it used to say that in Latin but I changed it to the German saying.

draws

Practically Family
I got laid off in 2003 and starting working for my self contracting and playing around with web design and graphics. These were my two dream jobs but, unless you had a degree or better in both, there was no chance of ever finding a job in these fields. In May of 2010 I found that we would need to find work to supplement retirement and had exceeded the age where I would get penalized for working full time and decided to look for a job.

My first try at a job was to walk in off of the street and introduce myself at a small local company with 22 employees hoping to find part time work. There was nothing available until I asked to talk to the manager. A five minute discussion turned into a 3 hour interview. I was hired full time and with full benefits. Believe it or not, my role would be as lead web page and graphics designer and assistant to the General Manager, all without a resume and on a prayer. Thank you, Lord!

Katarina

New in Town
Half-time Religious Studies student, with a half-time copy editor gig for a software company. :) Yay, poor starving college student!

Packin' Heat

One of the Regulars
iKiill.jpg

Benefits aren't bad.

Helpdesk Man

New in Town
I turn into the Helpdesk Man usually in five days a week to help our customers. For some reason I mostly like my work, probably I'm a bit "funny in the head" since no sane person would be doing this job if they could avoid it. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats