Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Curt Chiarelli

One of the Regulars
TOTTIE said:
Your stuff's amazing, Curt. And, er, congratulations on the anniversary...

Hi Tottie:

Thank you for the kind words! And as for the anniversary . . . . well, I'm afraid I just dated myself! :eusa_doh: But really, it's a lot of fun. I love my work and I'm looking forward to the next 20!

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
I am a tax accountant for an international management consulting firm in NYC, concentrating in international social taxes.
Surprisingly, it's not as exciting as it sounds.;)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Information Systems Manager

Senior Master Sergeant, Retired. Started my career in mainframe computer operations, career field was merged with comm, and of course morphed into small computers and networks. Spent a number of years running base network control centers. In my last position I was responsible for the accountability of all USAF IT assets in southwest Asia.

Tried truck driving for 6 months after retiring, decided it wasn't for me and to go back into IT. Currently in training for my Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (to go with my degree in Info Sys Management.) Hoping to find work that doesn't require a 2-hour commute one-way.

Cheers,
Tom

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I work in a little art gallery for my living, when I'm not in class that is.
Good luck with the hotel job, hope you enjoy it!:)

Travis

Suspended
In my spare time I am a writer. For work I start next week as a night auditor for a large luxury hotel chain, and finishing up a year and half as a nightwatch security guard. Before that I was a grocery clerk for two years. I have also done little odd jobs like freelance web design, freelance writing, data entry, arcade worker, telemarketing, hospital worker, and (almost) anything else for a few bucks on the side. Oh, and there was that stint in fast food back in high school.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a Bachelor of Science in Sociobiology. Which basically meant that after graduation the only job I could get was in sales!
I went back to school to become a Dental Hygienist. After the first month, and all of the heck I went through, I sure was wondering why I didn't just go to Dental School. It was a 3 year program, and much more difficult than I had ever imagined, or than my dentist father ever warned me about! Thanks Dad!!
So now, 2 degrees later, 1 1/2 years after receiving my hygiene degree, I'm an un-employed dental hygienist:D I'm hoping to start working very soon. This really isn't by choice, I actually really like what I do (well I liked doing it for three years in school, I'll see how I like it in the real world:)), I just had a few obstacles to hurdle over the past year that had to be handled before taking on a career. My hopes are to work in a pediatric environment. But, I'm also very interested in the public health side of the job. While in school I was very active in community education and awareness, particularly in the area of school aged children. I do plan on practicing as a hygienist, but my ideal job would be to work for one of the larger oral care companies, like Crest or Colgate, creating and implementing community initiatives for school aged children. Here in Massachusetts, cavities are the second most prevalent disease among school aged kids. That's a pretty big problem considering that oral health is directly linked to a healthy heart, and overall health.
I'm hoping to someday further my education and possibly get a masters in public health and policy.

In my free time, which is all the time:), I like to read, write in my journal, watch old movies. Golly, do I sound boring! I'm also on the brink of starting to write a children's book. This is a new hobby of mine. I'm actually taking what I know about children's dental health and turning it into a short kids book about a lost tooth. Wow, now that I write that out, it actually sounds really silly....hmmmm.... Well, even if it doesn't get published I'm hoping that I could do a small self publication and have it distributed to pediatric dentists and doctors to have in their waiting rooms. Parents can read it to their kids while they wait for their appointments. I'm going for that fun yet educational type of thing.
Oh and of course one of my favorite hobbies is to go to this great place I know called The Fedora Lounge!:)

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
As mentioned previously in another thread, I work at an art gallery to pay my tuition, and I hope to move on into the wide world of University professor-dom after I get through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner