Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Advertising

Artdirector for 30+ years, turned into copywriting 10 years ago and into directing my own commercials for the last 8 years. Besides that I teach advertising.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
Reality is straddling between two commodities firms until I pic a chair. Eating small scraps as I train brokers till I become one again myself.

As 'Ted Spread' Mack was fond to quote,
"All of life is a speculation."
Bernard Baruch

epr25

Practically Family
lol I am a large format color printer. I can do his resolution photo scanning and reproduction. So if anyone has anything cool to reproduce just call me lol

MisterPaul

New in Town
I work in software sales and marketing. Specifically, it's the logistics software that helps track cargo from it's source to it's destination and all details in between (ie: name of the truck driver, insurance, invoices, etc.)
Not very exciting, but it pays the bills.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Naama said:
At the moment I'm a professional daughter lol So going to university brings me the money from my parents... :p But I'm looking for a job! (yes! even if my mom don't believe me!) Tomorrow I'll have an interview at the museum of Castel Sch??nbrunn, it's near my place and an amazing place to be... so cross your fingers for me!
Naama

Hi Naama, let us know if you made it.

warbird

One Too Many
I may have already answered this, but I can't recall and I am too lazy to read all though the thread to find out so....

I am a lobbyist and political consultant.

I came by that trade, which I seek to get out of, the same as most; I majored in aerospace and flew airplanes. Make sense? Hmm not to me either. How the hell did I get here?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I'm a stay-at-home mom. Before leaving the workforce to take care of babies, I was a hairdresser. My little one is going to kindergarten in 3wks, so I may be going back to the salon this fall.

Freelance historical researcher and consultant, as I scramble for options to pay my way back to college...

lindylady said:
I would say attorney, but I'm still waiting on my bar exam results. Cross your fingers for me :)
Please don't take any of the odd lawyer-jokes I may crack every now and then personally, it's just that so many do fit the stereotype. (Wouldn't want my toes "accidentally" stepped on should our paths ever cross at an FL event...:D ) Here's hoping ya passed, and will get a chance to improve the average character of the profession...

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I used to be a teacher; but after 9 years, I got out of the profession and do not regret the decision one bit. As of 4 days ago, I started a new job (and am loving it) doing customer support for teachers, parents, and administrators for an educational internet-based company. I keep telling my family and friends that I'm so excited to be in a job where I can go pee when I need to (seems like a simple request but when you had to visit the emergency room due to a bladder infection, that's a big perk). I'm amazed at all the little things the company does for us. They even have a hair stylist come in and do haircuts for free and give us unlimited supplies of drinks (soda, Red Bull, juice, etc) and we can decorate our cubicles however we like (a guy in my department put a small, furry rug and pillow in his cubicle with a Japanese lantern hanging from above...pretty funny.)
Seems to be a fun and interesting place to work.

Fast

Familiar Face
career

I teach secondary English.

Before that I wrote . . . well, just about anything one might read, except a novel. In my late thirties I made a newspaper for an ethnic community and ad campaigns. Anybody remember the beginning of credit repair? I was one of those guys. We lied for a living. The money was ok, the client happy as a clam getting something for nothing. One day I sat on my office floor and tried to figure out why I deserved to draw air. I walked, and after a while I started teaching.

I never wonder why I do it, or whether it deserves to be done. I can't think of a day in the last decade I wouldn't want to answer for.

Carpe Diem
Fast

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Try not to do to much for as much as possible.
Considering the fact that July just past and we just had another raise, I think I am doing it quite well!
Yeah for the Brotherhood!! Er, sisterhood?
Union Electrician, LU 357 previously mentioned in another thread like this, I am an electrican, I do convention work here in Las Vegas, setting up the electrecial work that needs to be done on the booths/buildings that are built for the conventions that are going on for various who haas. I don't like to do construction, unless its the last resort (to flippin hot!!). Plus I like to meet all the different people who come in from around the world selling their wares, you really don't get a chance to meet people from around the world stuck in a construction site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael