Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Miles Borocky

Familiar Face
English professor here (pays most of my bills), plus jazz critic (minimal bills), and fiction writer (pays no bills!). :)

DerMann

Practically Family
Student.

My college allows students to work on campus as a means of paying for part of tuition and getting some extra cash. As a result, I sit in a computer lab 11 hours a week for $8.50 whilst I do homework.

Not too bad ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
classyguy said:
I am a first year advertising student hoping to go into art directing. In my spare time I am a writer, visual artist and photographer.

Just hang in there, Classyguy.
Besides working for more than 30 years in advertising (Artdirector, copywriter and filmdirector) I teach advertising at university.
So - I know how you feel.;)

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Chemical Engineer

I'm a chemical engineer with expertise in dissolving cellulose manufacture (for rayon, acetate, etc). cheers.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I work as a barista at a fairly well-known coffee shop, as a librarian assistant at my city's public library, and I'm a full-time student studying to be a librarian.

I also do commissioned paintings and sewing pieces, and I'm a fledgling designer;)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
maggiethespy said:
I work as a barista at a fairly well-known coffee shop, as a librarian assistant at my city's public library, and I'm a full-time student studying to be a librarian.

I also do commissioned paintings and sewing pieces, and I'm a fledgling designer;)

I'm planning to be a librarian myself! Right now I'm an undergrad art major, but I want to be a special collections librarian, hopefully at a university or museum someday.

What school do you go to?

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
I work the front desk at a small hotel near my house. I also write when I feel inspired to. Mostly crime/suspense fiction, poetry, and plays.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
TheDutchess said:
I think I wrote what I did in a similar threat but, I have a new title so ill share. I work for a fashion forecasting company. I basically get to run around and look at trends, analyze them, and figure out what you are going to wear next year.
On top of that I'm still drawing, and randomly sewing, while someone else takes the credit for it.

What a great job!!
Do you do this from NC?
If so, wow!

Emer

One of the Regulars
Jane of All Trades

Currently a bank teller, moon lighting as a writer. I'm a domestic goddess-wannabe in a working girl's body!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Emer said:
Currently a bank teller, moon lighting as a writer. I'm a domestic goddess-wannabe in a working girl's body!

We have quite a few writers here at the Fedora Lounge (I'm one of them!) so you're in good company! :)

just_me

Practically Family
I'm a software technical writer (though nowadays they like to use the term "information developer" lol ) and have been since 1981.

Subvet642

A-List Customer
Goon, hired goon. lol Security Community Relations Officer at a "world famous teaching hospital". Don't be impressed, the title is just window dressing. I'm just glad that I don't have one of those "working" kind of jobs! I wear my costume, I speak my lines, and everyone believes it. ;)

der schneider

One of the Regulars
I am a tailor. I still use the 1934 singer 31/15 I recieved when I finished my apprenticeship 25 years ago. I have several vintage machines but I also have a few newer ones. I do a lot of hand sewing on period items and vintage clothing.

I also have a tree farm. Hard woods.

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
Currently: Work in Wales' bigest art and craft shop, have done for the part 6 years

Studying to be: Architectural Technologist (material selectionetc.) hoping to be able to get into conservation of listed buildings coz I'm flipping fed up of them getting knocking down because they've rotted...

Red Diabla

One of the Regulars
Rufus said:
I worked for years in animation, on everything from Tony the tiger, Bugs Bunny to Gorillaz. Not really what I wanted to do, or intended, but great training nonetheless.

That is a whole LOT of cool! I LOVE the Tank Girl style o' drawing...wish I could manage it myself.

I work in animation here in Hell Lay...been a storyboard artist on many a tv show, including Pinky and the Brain, Scooby Doo, and even The Simpsons long, long ago. I mainly freelance from home these days, so I don't get to talk to too many people in person.

At night I play roller derby for the local DIY banked track league in town. I skate under the name, "Tara Armov".

RD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo