Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Feraud

Bartender
Fletch said:
Tell us about that flight jacket - fits like a glove!
A bit too much like a glove.;) Real McCoy Japan in horsehide, bought second hand. The sleeves are a bit long for my taste. I am still "on the fence" about it and considering an Aero or G&B.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Feraud said:
A bit too much like a glove.;) Real McCoy Japan in horsehide, bought second hand. The sleeves are a bit long for my taste. I am still "on the fence" about it and considering an Aero or G&B.

If you go over the fence on the "ditch it" side... what size is it? :)

Feraud

Bartender
scotrace said:
If you go over the fence on the "ditch it" side... what size is it? :)
It is a 42 and slim fit! The armholes high and the sleeves are about 25 1/2 inches from the shoulder. I thought my arms were long but this jacket makes me think twice! :)

Jovan

Suspended
Diamondback said:
Just a little. Beretta 92 family, if I'm not mistaken. Design's about 1960's IIRC--I'm a little rusty, and for me anything newer than the 1911A1, the 1928AC Thompson or the M1 Carbine is "too new to count" in firearms.

Sorry about the offtopic, I'm a "gunnie" in my other life. :eek:
The 92 series, however, didn't come out until 1979.

warbird

One Too Many
Jovan said:
The 92 series, however, didn't come out until 1979.

1976 actually. It was originally the Pietro Beretta. I have one. They are nice enough weapons, but I never would enjoy carrying one. They are quite large and bulky. They are reliable until a couple thousand rounds have gone through them then the slide stop has a tendency to break, not a good thing. That's the newer ones, not the older Italian 92's.

As I said, fun enough to shoot, but I'd much rather carry my Glock 27 or my Sig 228. The 92 was at the time considered a great new design. I think the High Power and CZ 75 are both superior. The 1911, naturally the standard bearer loses points with me for its difficulty of breaking down or field stripping. Yes, I know it becomes easy, but all of the above weapons are easier than the 1911 by nature.

houndstoothhat

New in Town
This was a couple of weeks ago at my brother-in-law's wedding. Not quite vintage, but still sharp if I do say so. This is my wife Jennifer, my yet to arrive daughter, Emily, and me.

Jennifer-Tom.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
houndstoothhat, you two are a beautiful couple. Great smiles! Please keep us posted when the little one arrives - we like to hear the new names our members select. :)

Also, this is fun, if you haven't seen it:

Name Voyager.

Type in a name to see how popular it is/has been.

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
That's me :) ...

<----------

not my best picture ever, but not the worst I guess... I'm just too lazy right now to find one and post it...oh well!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Pontypridd

Amber DeCadence said:
Wow, I'm not too far from there, sleepy little Pontypridd. I love the scenery around here it can be breathtakingly beautiful, thankyou for the warm welcome :)

And a damn fine Rugby town to boot plus Tom Jones right...???

Private Eye

New in Town
Helluva crew!

I'm new to the board, but eager to play. This one's about a year old. Some great locations in downtown Los Angeles. There are some incredible dives that scream 1940 skid row. I could tell you some stories....

815849333_l.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn