Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you love most about hats?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It's a mood enhancer. It covers your eyes when you are lost and down and gets pushed back when you are tired. The hat tilts when you have an attitude and comes off when you are around something revered.

It's a book end to end at the top what your shoes complete at the bottom. Keeps away the sun and the heat and the rain and still doesn't often get cleaned for fear that it won't come back the same. The color matches your clothes or compliments your eyes. It gives you that edge which others around you don't have in their soul. When it's off it's still on because you know it is part of your persona.

What do you love most about hats?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't imagine not having or not wearing a hat. It is part of my personality and defines who I am. I don't consider my self dressed with out a hat and even if a need to remove it the fact that I am holding it gives me comfort like a type of security blanket. For me wearing a hat is a statement of intent.

Feraud

Bartender
As for hats themselves I love the variety in brands, textures, finishes, styles, and the search for something new and exciting to add to my collection.
What I love most about wearing a hat is how each style expresses a particular feeling and look. My newsboy style cap paired with a leather jacket gives off a different persona from wearing a brown Stetson or tan Duff and a trenchcoat. Then there are the Open Roads...

I do not consider a hat a costume piece but an everyday item that is functional, stylish, and brings out different aspects of the wearer.

I enjoy reading posts from our members who receive their 1st. or 100th. hat. The emotions are the same! That is when you know you are in good company.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
What do I love most about hats? I love them because I HAVE to wear them. No, it's not some kind of rule - it's more of an instinct, something from the gut and heart. That, and what else would a SONG AND DANCE MAN wear?

Johnnysan

One Too Many
For me, it's a way to connect to part of my lineage. Many of the men in my family are memorialized in photographs showing them in hats. The first fedora I ever wore belonged to my grandfather who passed away two years prior to my birth. The minute I put it on, I felt a real connection with him. The rest, as they say, is history! ;)

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I assume you mean mostly fedoras. Anyhow I feel comfortable in them in just about any setting and I know I look good in them. I don't own a vintage suit either. I always wear one when I'm in the Packard so it sort of reinforces a vintage look for the observer.:)
50.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot