Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What gives you that vintage feeling?

ghettoguy

New in Town
Anything that has been influenced more by human design,desires and craftsmanship than by lawyers and computers:)

St. Louis

Practically Family
My neighbor just poked her head out her back door and observed that my yard needed a good raking. Sigh.

Anyway, it was good for a vintage-feeling-moment ...

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
My neighbor just poked her head out her back door and observed that my yard needed a good raking. Sigh.

Anyway, it was good for a vintage-feeling-moment ...

My son-in-law lives in east St. Louis. Said that it was 10º last week.
Is it snowing ? And if so...how can your neighbor know that the yard needs raking ?

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Nothing gives me the vintage feeling quite as much as listening to my old 78 records, especially "The Glow Worm", "Smoke! Smoke! Smoke!", and my fairly worn copy of "Sentimental Journey", but any of them will do the trick just as well.

Duke of Buckingham

New in Town
Starting the day by shaving with a vintage razor (not a straight, but either a Gem or an open comb Gillette). It never fails to amaze me that something designed a hundred years ago or so perfectly fits the hand, whereas computer designed modern equipment is just a bunch of straight lines.

Then putting on a jacket and a tie. I know, not necessarily golden era, but I live in Vancouver, BC, the worst dressed city in North America. People see me in a tie and ask, without a hint of sarcasm, when the job interview is. And that's wearing but thrift store vintage!

Drop a Parker 51 into the inside pocket, reach for the trench coat, and I'm running for the bus.

I actually work in the former terminal of the BC Electric Railway Company, which was built as a trolley hub in 1912. There is a great deal of period detail remaining even though, sadly, the street cars are long gone.

Gillette NEW 1939 sailings by Matthew Wild, on Flickr

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The crackling ,hissing, humming,lighted dials &
smell of the radio tubes...

dvof0h.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy