Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened to the Shadow?

Blackjack

One Too Many
I remember last year hearing that a remake of the 1994 movie the Shadow based on the radio show was in the works by 20th century Fox. Never heard another word. Anyone hear if it's still in the works???

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I hadn't heard of this, but I'd love to see them do many more based on that character. I enjoyed the 1994 version.

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
I liked it also! I'm for all incarnations of the character, but my question is: why do we need a remake? It's not like Alec Baldwin's doesn't have the time! Let's talk about twenty-year-overdue sequels!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
If I'm honest, I didn't much care for the 1990s movie. I mean it wasn't BAD...but I felt it didn't get the mystery and suspense. Perhaps I thought that the Shadow should be more Film-Noir-ish? I dunno.

There were nice elements there, but I don't think it was as good as it might have been.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I "kinda" liked the Baldwin Shadow, only when he transformed. The Shadow of the pulps was a different thing all together. That Shadow would've filled those gangster on the bridge full of lead and left em to rot. Why carry twin 45's only to shoot at things and not villians. The divorced the character from his blood thirsty roots, to his detriment. Also the backstory was a complete cock-up. What lead Lamont Cranston to become an opium dealer in China/Tibet? How the f**k did he wind up there in the first place? Some exposition please???!!!! Nah, The Shadow had a license to kill LONG before Mr. Bond and this one never uses it. Still in all his treatment was better than his contemporty "Doc Savage" received.

Worf

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Sam Raimi was going to produce aShadow movie and Doc Savage movie. A lot of us are still waiting for both of those.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
Fan of the Baldwin Shadow, its what got me interested in the character inthe first place. Really hoping for a new big screen version at some point.

MrAcheson

New in Town
I don't know about new productions using The Shadow, but I've been enjoying Old Time Radio recordings from the late 30s in my commutes to and from work. Good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran