Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Yep.................the dreaded bay..............buy it now....so i did!;)
I think it was just listed.....in it's box too.......7 1/2....so would not have done you any good.....But I will keep an eye out for a 7 1/4 for you my friend!!!
Cheers,
M
That would have been a no-brainer to BIN. I probably didn't even click on it because of the size.

RomanImperator

One of the Regulars
Waiting for my first boater. A vintage Fine Straw Master Mode Shower Proof. Seller's pics aren't the best but its all I have.

IMG_20170504_190334.jpg

IMG_20170512_100744.jpg

IMG_20170512_100830.jpg

IMG_20170512_100910.jpg

I think I got a nice deal on it for $60. Should be here Wednesday

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Esther is making me a new hat, it will go with a specific outfit that I have in mind. When it's finished she will make my wife, Tina, a hat like this:

Tina has some material similar to the colour of the dress that the model is wearing, she plans to make a similar dress.
When we have our outfits I want to recreate the Jack Vettriano portrait "Lazy hazy days." We have the perfect bicycle to do it with too, a 1926 Phillips.
Lazy-Hazy-Days.jpg

Captain O

One of the Regulars
Esther is making me a new hat, it will go with a specific outfit that I have in mind. When it's finished she will make my wife, Tina, a hat like this:

Tina has some material similar to the colour of the dress that the model is wearing, she plans to make a similar dress.
When we have our outfits I want to recreate the Jack Vettriano portrait "Lazy hazy days." We have the perfect bicycle to do it with too, a 1926 Phillips.
View attachment 74370

How lovely! That is just marvelous.

Nice. What kind is it?
It is labeled "Bianchi" on the tip label..Label has the name arched with scroll ribbon under the name with Italian writing.
Sweat says "Genuine Flicker Milan" stamped unto it. So must be an English or American import though it is sized as a US (I hope, or it will be to big for me).

This one......I have been wanting a Straw Homburg for a while now......and it's on it's way!!!!! This one has a cool modern ribbon!!! Though I may have a nice brown conservative standard ribbon made for a more traditional look.....
I think that ribbon suits the hat very well. It's the feathers that have to go.

Esther is making me a new hat, it will go with a specific outfit that I have in mind. When it's finished she will make my wife, Tina, a hat like this...*snip*...When we have our outfits I want to recreate the Jack Vettriano portrait "Lazy hazy days." We have the perfect bicycle to do it with too, a 1926 Phillips.
What a brilliant idea! Of course, now you have to share the portrait with us; it's the law, you know. ;)

Not a today pic but I'm sporting the Borsalino this morning. Grey, drippy day brightened up by some incredible felt.
Waiting for my first boater. A vintage Fine Straw Master Mode Shower Proof. Seller's pics aren't the best but its all I have.

IMG_20170504_190334.jpg

IMG_20170512_100744.jpg

IMG_20170512_100830.jpg

IMG_20170512_100910.jpg

I think I got a nice deal on it for $60. Should be here Wednesday
Looks like it will be a nice one. I enjoy my boater. It gets as many double takes in the summer as a derby does during felt weather. I'm looking forward to some detail shots when it lands.

Captain O

One of the Regulars
I just ordered an inexpensive cotton Black cotton Porkpie hat from Amazon (It was but $14.99 but it should keep me cool in the summer and won't be damaged if I get caught in the rain). I can either crease the front to attain a "Popeye" Doyle look or leave it as it is. I may just keep the "Breaking Bad" profile.

At any rate, it's another hat!

I won one of Miamibruno's auctions! A gorgeous Knox Stratoliner clone in a nice buff tan color. Adrian says it is a generous 7 1/8th, but he is going to give it a nudge to my 7 1/4, what a guy! Should be able to post the detail shots when I get back from a week long trip next week. Here are the auction photos. I am stoked!

Knox Strat clone 650X.jpg
Knox Strat clone Side 600x.jpg
Knox Strat clone Liner 550X.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21