Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
hmmmm
296bbbe72a07b6a538827732d6bda13d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That hat is amazing !!!

Do you have recollection of it?

I’d love to know what color it was

Looks like a special one... an “Adventure “ if the box is any indication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I recall that day. I can't quite pin down the yr or my grandpa's age but it was his birthday (March) & my aunts & uncles gave him the hat as a present. It was a medium gray in color. Probably 1954-1955 or so. I have 2 aunts still living that might remember but I haven't seen either of them since I discovered this pic. I even watch for a Lee box like that one.

He wore either a 6-7/8 or 7, so I could never wear it.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I recall that day. I can't quite pin down the yr or my grandpa's age but it was his birthday (March) & my aunts & uncles gave him the hat as a present. It was a medium gray in color. Probably 1954-1955 or so. I have 2 aunts still living that might remember but I haven't seen either of them since I discovered this pic. I even watch for a Lee box like that one.

He wore either a 6-7/8 or 7, so I could never wear it.

Looks like this one

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/352142775822

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have recollection of it?

Looks like a special one... an “Adventure “ if the box is any indication

Probably 1954-1955 or so.
Moon, in thinking about what yr further I think it was probably 1958. We were a large extended family & were together a lot. We all lived within a few miles of each other. Birthday presents were not a common thing but my grandpa would have turned 60 yrs Old in 1958. That may have been the reason for such a special gift.

Thanks for the info on it possibly being an Adventure. I'll look into that. Maybe have to get the specs & have a custom made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner