• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What hat are you waiting for today?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Jazzcat, Dec 23, 2004.

1. I keep old concert tickets in the sweatband of my hats to remind me of good times. :)

2. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

IMG_5037.JPG

Desert dog, steur, Redfokker and 11 others like this.
  3. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonio, 40Cal, Desert dog and 14 others like this.
  4. I wasn't going to bid on this but the price stayed low and the "Clear Beaver" on the sweat swayed me even though the sizing was ambiguous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This will be my first American Hat Co. hat, if it fits.

5. I like that one! First one I've seen marked "American 20" as well. I asked the seller and they stated it was size 7-1/8. :(

6. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael R. likes this.
  7. I should have asked about the size. I looked at the circumference measurement and took a chance. Probably an exterior measurement (as if that means anything). My past experience is that they aren't good at responding to inquiries, but then it's not one seller but many with many various policies and practices. If it's really a size 7 1/8 I'll put it on the block.

8. steur

steur Call Me a Cab

I'd buy that one for the liner alone!

9. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

+1

Cornshucker77 likes this.
  10. DOGMAN

DOGMAN One Too Many

I have a American Hat Co.Clear Beaver I did a conversion on.Pretty nice felt.

11. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]

12. Dig the innards, can't wait to see the whole shebang!

Zombie_61 likes this.
  13. dang

Zombie_61 likes this.
  14. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

Hat-Rand SB 1.jpg
    Based on recommendations/comments of several Loungers;a Rand in silver belly.

15. Tonio

Tonio One of the Regulars

Borsalino XXXXXX Marque Grande Luxe. Fingers crossed that it'll show up. Transaction seemed a little sketchy, but I covered my bases. We'll see!

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

16. 40Cal

40Cal One Too Many

Wow! Incredible.

17. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat One of the Regulars

Greetings All: Tonio, you are gonna love this puppy!! Soft as a horse’s nose!! Hope the deal goes through and it fits!
    Be well. Bowen

Zombie_61 and Tonio like this.
  18. My last D'aquino. I ordered it with the blue ribbon but I also have a raspberry that I'll try out. I was looking for something with a pop of color.

[​IMG]

19. steur

steur Call Me a Cab

Great looking hat, Tonio. I know that seller (and that hat) and have bought some hats from him in the past. He lives in Vienna and has a base in Holland as well. His listings are under another name as his real name for some reason, but he delivered the hats just fine.

Zombie_61, Tonio and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  20. Tonio

Tonio One of the Regulars

Thanks! I have a Borsalino Colombo 4X, hard to imagine something finer than that. Very much looking forward to it.

That's a relief. Thank you very much for the info. I noticed the discrepancies you mentioned and was a bit skeptical. I'll sleep ok tonight, haha.

Zombie_61, AbbaDatDeHat and steur like this.