Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

I am waiting on a late 1930s J. Heinr. JTA Wien Homburg style hat and a 1930s French made Silk Top Hat that is super condition. Both should arrive in about one week.

RJR

Hat-Penman-Rabbit Raiders.jpg

I made a deal with John for one of his rabbit Raiders.

William G.

One of the Regulars
I bought this on eBay last week:

s-l1600_zpsbhuemh3n.jpg

It's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Even though the original tags are gone, it still had a price tag in the sweatband and the pictures looked like new. Here's hoping it comes out of the box looking as good as the pictures.

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
I bought this on eBay last week:
It's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Even though the original tags are gone, it still had a price tag in the sweatband and the pictures looked like new. Here's hoping it comes out of the box looking as good as the pictures.

An Akubra Snowy River?
My first fur felt was a black Snowy River. Bought it from the Strand Hatters in Sydney.
With it fixed firmly on my head, I walked to Moore Park. This turned out to be an error, because as a teenage boy in a hat walking up Oxford Street I was met with a lot of "ohhh hello Cowboy" from the doorways of the clubs. Much to the amusement of my mother (who still tells the story some 25 years later).

William G.

One of the Regulars
An Akubra Snowy River?
My first fur felt was a black Snowy River. Bought it from the Strand Hatters in Sydney.
With it fixed firmly on my head, I walked to Moore Park. This turned out to be an error, because as a teenage boy in a hat walking up Oxford Street I was met with a lot of "ohhh hello Cowboy" from the doorways of the clubs. Much to the amusement of my mother (who still tells the story some 25 years later).

Yes it is—good eye!

Where I'm at, western hats are fairly common. In fact, I have a stingy brim straw hat I got at a department store for $10—the furthest thing from a cowboy hat—and I get called cowboy in it. :)

foamy

A-List Customer
I acquired a nice, black pea coat at an after Christmas sale a few weeks ago and was wanting a hat that would go well with it. Yes, I have some hats that can be worn with it like the Caribou Whippet, but I wanted something closer to black. I tried ebay, consignment and second-hand shops and have come up empty. It's a felt hat desert around here.

Perusing the Stetson site I came across the Premier Whippet in Graphite. I don't know what happened, but by the time I logged off, I had purchased it. I blame the martini.

I hope it fits and that it's as nice as the Stetsonian. It shipped yesterday. It looks black in the photo, but I looked at Stetson's black hats and this seems "less black." I believe the photo is dark and indeed, hope that is the case. Reckon I'll know soon enough.
premier-whippet.jpg

Spudman

One of the Regulars
I'm waiting on an Akubra Banjo Paterson. The exchange rate finally got me to pull the trigger. I'm hoping I sized it right. I ordered a 58 which is what I measure, but I'm a little worried that I should've gone with a 59 and some felt padding. I'll know next week...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm waiting on an Akubra Banjo Paterson. The exchange rate finally got me to pull the trigger. I'm hoping I sized it right. I ordered a 58 which is what I measure, but I'm a little worried that I should've gone with a 59 and some felt padding. I'll know next week...
Let's us kno plz. The Akubra sizing conversation continues...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy