Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I am waiting on this to dry out. I put this on the block today. 100% Rabbit in White, this is a Winchester 2nd Hat Body (has a slight discoloration in the crown).

Crown Height: 5.5 inches
Block: Has a slight tapper
Size: 7 1/8

Just going through my Hat Bodies to use up all the 2nd's that I have left. Not sure yet how I want to bash this one. I will do an under welt edge for sure as I developed my own process for doing this without the need for a flange with the additional "lip" to turn fold the felt onto itself.

With Flash
WH1sm.jpg

No Flash
WH2sm.jpg

NewJack

Practically Family
Specialty hat collecting is an art for sure. As a novice collector and member of this esteemed collection thread, my collection knowledge has expanded more than I could have ever imagined thanks to the plethora of knowledge and opinions associated herein. Although I don’t frequent The Lounge often, when I do, I can always find conversation that is engaging despite the varying opinions. As an educator, I appreciate that because I love the diverse opinions and the specialty knowledge many of the member’s possess. Each of you brings your own personality and opinions, which makes The Lounge quite diverse!

Having said that, I found a piece that was manufactured in Germany and is called Anton Peschel. Now, since I am a novice, I like many others who 'lovingly' chase information on vintage hats, looked to the net and found some background information on this particular company. Low and behold, I found this site that rendered enough information for me to seize the opportunity of going after this piece. I’m awaiting its arrival with baited breath as I, like many of you who decided to embark upon this quest for collecting vintage pieces in particular, am anxious to be able to simply hold this piece in my hands! And it’s all in part to the overall conversations about this and other vintage pieces. Keep teaching, gents!!

I’ve said a bunch I know. But every now and then in spite of what others may think, feel, or even say, I must give my props to all who participate in the conversation of hat collecting! Every input from each of you keeps this novice collector on the edge of his seat! I could say more. But I wanted to share this piece from Anton Peschel. I’ve seen the diversity in this brand and thought this one could be shared! Here is a link to the site (which I know is a belongs to an astute lounge member!) I found as a result of my research...
http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/8-peschel-hutfabrik/page-3

Appears to be in great condition. What strikes me as interesting about this peace besides the name and its origin, is the fact the ribbon work is similar to a Royal Stetson (Porkpie style) piece I own with an apparent softer hand...

Attachments

• s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 98
  • s-l1600-7.jpg
    s-l1600-7.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 100
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 92
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg