Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Yer right abt the TAR n Navy Blue. Remember this Wormser with the TAR? Loved that hat but couldn't afford it. I believe that beauty sold upwards to $300. The Borsa is sorta the same idea but costs alot less. View attachment 58330
Yep. Remember it well. It sold for $285. It was too rich for my blood, too.
Can't wait to see the Borso on you.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Wow, great hats coming in. My first Gannon should be ready Wednesday. It's got all the specs of Chamuco/Rodolfo's Black Cherry with burgundy ribbon and brim, but I'm going for a center crease on mine (at least to start). I call it The "Rodolfo," obviously because I stole the creation from Rodolfo. Our high school jazz band played with Mel Torme in Tacoma, WA, many years ago and I still remember him saying, "if you're going to copy someone, at least have the good sense to copy from the best." Well, that's what I did here, according to my tastes, of course. @Chamuco Hey buddy thanks for your creative genius on this one!

Wow, great hats coming in. My first Gannon should be ready Wednesday. It's got all the specs of Chamuco/Rodolfo's Black Cherry with burgundy ribbon and brim, but I'm going for a center crease on mine (at least to start). I call it The "Rodolfo," obviously because I stole the creation from Rodolfo. Our high school jazz band played with Mel Torme in Tacoma, WA, many years ago and I still remember him saying, "if you're going to copy someone, at least have the good sense to copy from the best." Well, that's what I did here, according to my tastes, of course. @Chamuco Hey buddy thanks for your creative genius on this one!
I am in complete agreement with this form of mimicry, I have been gathering images of my favorite VS Works of Art before I make the pilgrimage down to Medford (probably next month), I'm not above "stealing" a fellow lounger's design/vision! BTW, Mel Torme "the Velvet Fog", was a noted WWI Aviation Historian, just like me! I have always loved his work!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I am in complete agreement with this form of mimicry, I have been gathering images of my favorite VS Works of Art before I make the pilgrimage down to Medford (probably next month), I'm not above "stealing" a fellow lounger's design/vision! BTW, Mel Torme "the Velvet Fog", was a noted WWI Aviation Historian, just like me! I have always loved his work!
Well Red, I wont mind if someone wants to clone one of my hats, I will be more flattered and humbled...and I will be proud and happy as a kid with an open checkbook at the candy store!!

And, in,this case Doug has been a class act all the way !!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Red, we were fortunate enough to be able to play of bunch of his works (Send in the Clowns, Route 66, etc) at a National Association of Jazz Educators jazz festival in Wichita, Kansas in 1978. It was amazing. We had groupies, which is kind of weird for a high school kid. Standing ovations nearly every song we played. We were the only HS band there, everyone else was either from a university or a professional. Zoot Sims and Al Cohn were there, too. Great tenor sax players who seemed to play better the more whiskey they drank. We had a pirated copy of Al Cohn's arrangement of Airmail Special, so our director begged forgiveness so we could play it and Al only said, "hey, they stopped paying royalties to me years ago, knock my socks off!"

Red, we were fortunate enough to be able to play of bunch of his works (Send in the Clowns, Route 66, etc) at a National Association of Jazz Educators jazz festival in Wichita, Kansas in 1978. It was amazing. We had groupies, which is kind of weird for a high school kid. Standing ovations nearly every song we played. We were the only HS band there, everyone else was either from a university or a professional. Zoot Sims and Al Cohn were there, too. Great tenor sax players who seemed to play better the more whiskey they drank. We had a pirated copy of Al Cohn's arrangement of Airmail Special, so our director begged forgiveness so we could play it and Al only said, "hey, they stopped paying royalties to me years ago, knock my socks off!"
Wow!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Michael just emailed me with pictures. I'm proud to present, the "Rodolfo." Thanks again, amigo, for the inspiration. I have a feeling I'm going to love this hat.

i-cP827VG-XL.jpg

Finally my Leon Drexler is out for delivery. Began the ordering process back in February and now delivery is nigh. Stephen warned any order would not be delivered til October so I knew beforehand the wait time. I commit to downloading Tapatalk today so I can perhaps actually post a pic and prove its existence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy