Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

InsolentPuppy

A-List Customer
This is in the mail.
20160912_192717.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I looked at this flashy little Dobbs for a week or so, then made an offer. I know the term
"Vintage" and "vintage looking" are thrown around to the point that it doesn't mean much... and I confirmed it is fur felt NOT straw as advertised. To my surprise, they said yes to the offer and it should hit my door this afternoon. I may keep it, I may pass it on, but I had to see it in person. Ha!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272358327233

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I looked at this flashy little Dobbs for a week or so, then made an offer. I know the term
"Vintage" and "vintage looking" are thrown around to the point that it doesn't mean much... and I confirmed it is fur felt NOT straw as advertised. To my surprise, they said yes to the offer and it should hit my door this afternoon. I may keep it, I may pass it on, but I had to see it in person. Ha!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272358327233
You should like that one, and it seems to be a deal !

AttyOzzy

New in Town
HI All,

I am new to the lounge. Nice to meet you all. I am waiting for a Penman Raiders hat. Spoke with Mr. Penman yesterday. Very nice man and very passionate about his work. I anticipate his hat will be amazing. Wanted an Indy Raiders hat as a kid long before I knew what cars, girls, and money was. After 38yrs of life - the hat is finally within reach.

I won't even have to bury it in the sands for a 1,000 years for it to become priceless :)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
HI All,

I am new to the lounge. Nice to meet you all. I am waiting for a Penman Raiders hat. Spoke with Mr. Penman yesterday. Very nice man and very passionate about his work. I anticipate his hat will be amazing. Wanted an Indy Raiders hat as a kid long before I knew what cars, girls, and money was. After 38yrs of life - the hat is finally within reach.

I won't even have to bury it in the sands for a 1,000 years for it to become priceless :)

I own what you just ordered in his beaver offering ... you will not be disappointed and it will be worth the wait

welcome home

AttyOzzy

New in Town
I own what you just ordered in his beaver offering ... you will not be disappointed and it will be worth the wait

welcome home

Thank you so much! It is nice to be here

I ordered the beaver felt too!

Do you wear your hat often? What are your general impressions.

I was super paranoid about making sure I measured my head correctly. Mr. Penman walked me through it. I know there is a bit of a wait - but sounds worth it to me.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thank you so much! It is nice to be here

I ordered the beaver felt too!

Do you wear your hat often? What are your general impressions.

I was super paranoid about making sure I measured my head correctly. Mr. Penman walked me through it. I know there is a bit of a wait - but sounds worth it to me.
I wear it pretty often in fall and winter.... yeah
it is extremely comfortable... extremely durable... and gorgeous
don't worry too much about the measurement it will be fine ... if you followed what John told you to do you will be ok

a few shots of mine

IMG_0939_(2).jpg

images_5.jpg

images_4.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
HI All,

Welcome to the lounge! I'm fairly new here myself, and have learned tons in just a few weeks.

My first ordered, true fur felt hat, was from John. I ordered a custom, handmade hat but couldn't stand the wait and immediately went back and got one of his Everyman "factory" hats creased like the Crystal Skull Indy hat. And I LOVE it. I'm still waiting for the custom hat, but I have the Penman Everyman to keep me company! I live about 30 miles from John's shop so it was a treat to watch him crease my hat while I stood there and watched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy