Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bud-n-Texas said:
A warm evening requires a cool hat

MVC-487F.jpg

This is a GREAT hat on you, one of the best I've seen. Who is the maker?

Vintage Betty

BrotherBob said:
A black Bailey Fedora. Great hat for the price.
l_60d7dabf09365de5e59914c8a331a4d4.jpg

This is the best hat I've seen on you yet! Very handsome. Can you show us a pic with the full crown showing? What was the price? How is the quality?

Vintage Betty

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
This is a GREAT hat on you, one of the best I've seen. Who is the maker?

Thanks Betty, I bought the blank and built it myself. It has served me well for the past two years. I have 1 more blank and if things ever slow down I plan on building another.

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
First vintage hat post...

... so be gentle:) This is a 8X Stetson cowboy that I found in an antique shop for $5. It belonged to a (I assume) rancher named Allen Tysdale who had his name embossed on the sweatband, and had not been kept up over the years; it was a work hat. The liner had been removed, leaving the glue residue, and the embossing on the sweatband was very faded. Unfortunately, I neglected to take 'before' pics of it, but here are the 'after' shots following a makeover by Brad at Star of the West in Rapid City. He tells the hat is at least 30-35 years old, model unknown, so I just said to put a cattleman's crown on it a'la Open Road. Don't mind the dates on the photos, my camera's a little messed up[huh]

2041295252_213d75a628_o.jpg

2041294604_e5fb8ea661_o.jpg

2040499719_148f7ab51c_o.jpg

Regards, Andy

BrotherBob

Familiar Face
Miss Betty

Digital battery went dead before I could get someone to take a full view. It's charged now, but I'm home alone after a big day watching the "kids". This is my Gameday Hat with a tasteful pleated skirt and makeup. Hope you don't think I'm a sissy, this is just my feminine side. It's a couple years old, but you get the idea.

l_043920d98d443b1e8530ee2e795845c1.jpg

Vintage Betty

Thanks so much everyone! I posted more details and another pic of where I went in the what are you wearing today thread.

And Mr. Dean, you are one of the few men I have seen who can wear a newsboy hat and look great!

Mr. JT, I do not want to play poker with you in that hat! You have the "steely eyed" stare that will win every time.

And welcome Mr. AirForceIndy! Now we just need a pic of you in the hat to make it complete.

VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany