Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_e

Practically Family
Grey Stetson Sovereign
Ernest

securedownload55.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr E Train said:
Great shots! In fact, I think they're too good to post in the Akubra Overload and Akubra Campdraft threads. ;)

lol

Thanks, I figured I've posted enough Campdraft shots in those threads already, don't wanna clutter them up until I've a Bluegrass Green one. Thank you for the compliments, they actually turned out MUCH better than I thought. I origninally wasn't going to post any photos, but I really liked how the natural light and shadow interacts with the hat in these pics :D.

...oh, wait, I didn't see the wink. Ooooooooooooh!

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Yeah, I'm about as subtle as a sledgehammer, ain't I? lol It's all good.

So, how do the other students react to your hats? Seen any other nice chapeaus on campus?

Neophyte

Mr E Train said:
Yeah, I'm about as subtle as a sledgehammer, ain't I? lol It's all good.

So, how do the other students react to your hats? Seen any other nice chapeaus on campus?

I've seen a businessman in town who was wearing what I'm absolutely certain was an Optimo, and a couple trendy straws, but not many hats around here on the campus itself. It surprises me, because the sun really gets in at you at low angles and tries its best to eye-fry you lol.

As I suspected, the lighter Taupe Fawn color and thin ribbon seem to deter nearly all insults AND compliments. I have gotten a few compliments from the older crowd (read: graduates and professors) and from several women while standing in line at Subway (do polite people eat at Subway? lol). The general consensus, then, is that I haven't gotten much reaction one way or another. I wouldn't attribute this to a more tolerant population on campus, but rather I would attribute it to people just not caring lol!

danofarlington

Neophyte said:
I've seen a businessman in town who was wearing what I'm absolutely certain was an Optimo, and a couple trendy straws, but not many hats around here on the campus itself. It surprises me, because the sun really gets in at you at low angles and tries its best to eye-fry you lol.

As I suspected, the lighter Taupe Fawn color and thin ribbon seem to deter nearly all insults AND compliments. I have gotten a few compliments from the older crowd (read: graduates and professors) and from several women while standing in line at Subway (do polite people eat at Subway? lol). The general consensus, then, is that I haven't gotten much reaction one way or another. I wouldn't attribute this to a more tolerant population on campus, but rather I would attribute it to people just not caring lol!
When it gets cooler, then some of the men will want to copy you. Tell me that's not true in October and November.

Neophyte

danofarlington said:
When it gets cooler, then some of the men will want to copy you. Tell me that's not true in October and November.

I wouldn't know...it seems caps are the name of the game here, though I've seen quite a few tweed newsboy caps around. I've also noted beanies and one plush pharoah headpiece (?) lol.

danofarlington

Neophyte said:
I wouldn't know...it seems caps are the name of the game here, though I've seen quite a few tweed newsboy caps around. I've also noted beanies and one plush pharoah headpiece (?) lol.
No, I mean, when it's October and November, at that time they'll want to copy your hat because its best season will be cooler weather. So I challenge you to tell me in those months that people aren't copying you. Late summer is one thing, fall is another thing. You'll change the styles there.

Neophyte

danofarlington said:
No, I mean, when it's October and November, at that time they'll want to copy your hat because its best season will be cooler weather. So I challenge you to tell me in those months that people aren't copying you. Late summer is one thing, fall is another thing. You'll change the styles there.

I accept your challenge.

I feel I have the advantage here, as most people around here wouldn't know a fedora by any other name than "a grandpa hat?" lol. They won't know it's made out of fur felt, and they definitely won't know that fur felt material is good for keeping the heat in.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
jbucklin said:
I shaved off my facial hair (too scratchy for my wife---I was only getting cautious little "granny-kisses"). Once I shaved, I was immediately unhappy with the look of my Fed IV. So, I messed with the crease a bit and ended up with an Indy pinch. What do you guys think? I ask this since I had gotten a few compliments on the wider pinch (as seen in my avatar) from some of you.

Photo146.jpg

My five cents might not be worth much, but I like the tight pinch on it; I'd say it looks good on you.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
We took a day-trip to beautiful Bruges (Brugge) in Belgium to-day. It's called the Venice of the north because of it's canals. My VS thin-ribbon got quite a few stares, though I did spot the occasional panama or straw hat.
usa2010019-2.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Great hats and one grand looking trip today; :eusa_clap RLK’s photo reminded me that I still need to pick up a linen cap for those windy days around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183