Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice spring morning in New Hampshire. Got my Dunkin coffee and at the office with my Borsalino

smugshot_5875222-M.jpg

The Raylan Givens Tribute...

This is an old Resistol DoubleX that I put a leather band on & tweaked the crease like on Justified, one of my favorite FX Network shows since The Shield was over. I named it the RGT after the character...
Photo-0092.jpg

Feeding the horses in the front pasture this morning...

Deputy Swoopy, Did the twisters blow any of your hats around?
I think the twisters were north of you. A family friend had their place levelled and a couple of horses killed when that blew through.

Nothing but limbs down here. You're right that the bad stuff was just North of us or way to the South. Got lucky this time, thankfully.
Always sorry to hear about people losing their places & especially their livestock.
Went down I75 this weekend for family reunion & place where a tornado that hit Spalding county crossed the highway.
Looked like a giant lawnmower had cut a path thru the pines on both sides of the interstate = awesome force!

Edward

Bartender
Of late, I have mostly been wearing either an Akubra Capricorn in natural or grey (today is the grey), or a cotton or linen cap. The most recent hat photo I have is this one, from Friday last, a linen, eight-panel cap:

231145_10150166643987260_555787259_7231257_1119797_n.jpg

what brim size and crown is this hat? it looks fantastic! also what style or block is this?

Sorry for the slow follow-up. I am pretty sure this is a Dorfzaun Cuenca blocked by Wegener (Germany). My guess it it is from the mid to late 1960s. The brim is 2 1/8 inches and crown height is 4 7/8 inches at the zenith. Wegener still has Panama hats (not sure if they are doing their own blocking) but not like this one.

http://wegener.org/en/collection/gents-headwear-summer

DJH

I'll Lock Up
AL - thank you. I'm going to have to track down another of these Borsalinos at some point.

Hatophile - if it's raining for you today, I can look forward to it tomorrow. Nice Adam today.

Billy - thank you. I like the cap you have today and (especially) the tee shirt. You seem to have a bunch of cool ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou