Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
smugshot6942217-L.jpg

GREAT lookin' Zephyr Weight, David! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap
What color would you say that hat is? Looks like a "sand" color with a brown ribbon to me, but my monitor is never right.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Ive got my 1950's ADAM on today. Its actually cool and breezy in Chicago today, so I thought I would get the felt out. Its back to straw tomorrow though...
joshwearingADAM.jpg

Thanks for the comments!

I love your suit alan. Usually I don't like tans at all, but this one really works - something about the particular shade, that muted plaid weave, and the fabric as well. The perfect fit helps of course. Can you reveal where you got that suit, and do you know the weave, color name - if it has one - and the fabric?

This is a Zegna linen sportcoat... I bought it new 15 or so years ago - from Saks, I believe. Jackets are suggested for men at dinner at this old fashioned resort... a nice tradition and fun for me since I rarely dress for work. I like the way this jacket works with my Supernatural leghorn.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
GREAT lookin' Zephyr Weight, David! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap
What color would you say that hat is? Looks like a "sand" color with a brown ribbon to me, but my monitor is never right.

Thanks Josh. Yes you are about right on the colour, a light tan/sand felt with darker brown ribbon. Really soft felt and a delight to wear.

red71veloce

Familiar Face
Tell me about it zetwal....I've lived here all my life, and this is maybe the hottest run of weather this early in the summer I can remember.....I really don't like it.....panama's notwithstanding.....give me felt weather!

T

Justin B

One Too Many
Brutal? Low 90's is brutal? You'd melt here, or burst into flames.

I still wear my felt hats...even when it's over the century mark. Wearing the Adam Crusader I got from Josh today as a matter of fact.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Love that one. Looks great. Adam made some fine hats in their day.
Sorry, you can't wear felt in a Chicago summer.shakeshead

Thanks, suitedcboy! ADAM is very under rated by many people. They are looked at as being a lower - middle end company but Ive own some VERY high quality ADAM hats. A few of my ADAM hats I would put up against some of my Dobbs and Stetsons any day. Tomasso, I usually never wear felt in the summer time in Chicago. Its not the temperature that gets me, its the humidity. I just don't want to soak the sweatbands with sweat. When I was in Texas in March, it was hot and I was wearing a non-lightweight felt hat the whole time with no problem. That ADAM is a medium weight hat and I was absolutely fine with 75 degree weather. There was a nice breeze yesterday as well. Today I tried wearing another felt hat, and its about 88 and humid. I had sweat rolling down my head the entire time I had it on.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Wearing the Adam Crusader I got from Josh today as a matter of fact.

That hat is actually very comfortable to wear in the heat, as I'm sure you know. It was meant for the heat. Like I said before, its not the temp that usually bothers people, its how humid it is. Depending on what part of Texas people live in, its usually relatively dry heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats