Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Switching gears for today's warmer weather. After I walked with the Colombo to the post office, came home and changed to my Knox Vagabond to head into Manhattan.

IMG_2023.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Resistol after trimming 5/8-inch from the brim and reshaping crown (see original below). Hat is like new, with original $20.00 price tag inside. I'm guessing 1980's.

Blurriness compliments of 2nd double espresso. :)

7064f5786d5e3bbb1331136213.jpeg

6784f57876450e961331136356.jpeg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
What a great start to this bleak mid-week morning! I like both of your choices, Ale, and all the thin ribbons going around. Maybe I'll grab one of those today, too. Maybe.

RLK-- really nice colors on that Woolrich.

Randall-- I think you nailed those proportions with your brim trim. It really looks great!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Ale, great looking Borsalino, oh I see you come with two Hats today, both superb!

Robert, nice looking cap today!

Randall, very good job done. Looks really good in new shape!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Still playing catch-up on the forum. :eusa_doh:

Alan: Thanks for taking me back to D.C. for a visit with your beautiful photo set. I spent four glorious years there twenty-five years ago, and your pictures unleashed a torrent of wonderful memories. The Cherry Blossoms should be blooming just now...

David: What a beautiful family portrait! I would have taken the cap off myself if I were on that bridge, as I would be loathe to pull an 'Alejandro' :eeek:

Resistol after trimming 5/8-inch from the brim and reshaping crown (see original below). Hat is like new, with original $20.00 price tag inside. I'm guessing 1980's. Blurriness compliments of 2nd double espresso. :)

Randall, look how calm and peaceful Mike is. Go easy on the coffee and brims. (looks like you got away with this one though... :D)

TipTop

Practically Family
Hmm, looks like David and Ale are the only two wearing brims on the east coast today; hope they stayed put! I like the caps others were sporting, and after strolling the dogs this morning, I knew that I couldn't wear a big brim as breezes along the Hudson rose.

Taking Eggheads "Windy Day" advice, I decided to give the new Cav a run to my tax lawyer's, and walking out of there with a refund on the way (surprise!) I thought I'd try another shot of this hat, with the lens on less W-I-D-E to see how it looked. I am somewhat relieved, if not exactly pleased. Bottom line, it is handsome, I'm the dubious element, so it will live to wear another day.
15309715-lg.jpg
15309714-lg.jpg

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Randall-- I think you nailed those proportions with your brim trim. It really looks great!
Thanks, Jeff! I made a high-tech trammel with cardboard and a pen, used scissors to cut, then finished the edge with a 150-grit sanding sponge, using Josh's rounding trick to make the brim look thinner. The whole operation took all of 20 minutes, including the steam/reshape. Must've been the caffeine.

Randall, very good job done. Looks really good in new shape!
Thank you, Manfred!

Randall, look how calm and peaceful Mike is. Go easy on the coffee and brims.

You're right, of course. The stuff just tastes so good!

Very nice caps, by the way, Alan and Robert.

TipTop

Practically Family
Thanks, Jeff! I made a high-tech trammel with cardboard and a pen, used scissors to cut, then finished the edge with a 150-grit sanding sponge, using Josh's rounding trick to make the brim look thinner. The whole operation took all of 20 minutes, including the steam/reshape..

Wow Randall! In the time it took me to take some more pics of my Dorer, so I could ask to whom you sent yours, you produced this harrowing tale of bravery and knives! I'm not going to try that on this one, but I have a couple of others that certainly need some trimming. But first, this Dorer needs more of a shaping in the front--squaring up the brim creases to today's "rodeo" shape than trimming. I guess I could try that with some steam first before sending it off to the knife.
15309994-lg.jpg

15309993-lg.jpg

Still playing catch-up on the forum. :eusa_doh:

Alan: Thanks for taking me back to D.C. for a visit with your beautiful photo set. I spent four glorious years there twenty-five years ago, and your pictures unleashed a torrent of wonderful memories. The Cherry Blossoms should be blooming just now...

Forsythia was in bloom last week... cherry blossoms soon. Glad you enjoyed the pictures, AL... you must have been a little kid back then.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, I like your Borsalino. That's one that's on my wish list.

Thanks, BR - there is just something about the thin ribbon Borsalinos...

Thin is in!!!
Great Alessandria David!

Thin is indeed in!! Thanks Rusty
Mike and David, two stunning Hats today, looks really good!

Cheers, Manfred and Ale. Ale - 2 super hats for you today

Wow... three winners in a row, hats and photographs both. Love your morning shots David and Ale.

Mike, the inner peace shows. Namaste!

Thanks Alan - yes, Mike is becoming the hat zenmaster! Nice cap for you today.

Randall - I like your work on the Resistol. I have a similar hat that is crying out for the same kind of attention.

Ray - wasn't so windy early in the day, but the wind did increase later. Your stingy looks much better without the wide angle distortion. Half an inch on the brim and a slightly taller crown and that hat would be a winner!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David: What a beautiful family portrait! I would have taken the cap off myself if I were on that bridge, as I would be loathe to pull an 'Alejandro' :eeek:

There was a real risk of an Alejandro being pulled, AL - just got away with it! At least I was smart enough to leave the Stratoliner and Whippet safely back at the hotel, one of those would have ended up in the Schuylkill River for sure. :D

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Wow Randall! In the time it took me to take some more pics of my Dorer, so I could ask to whom you sent yours, you produced this harrowing tale of bravery and knives! I'm not going to try that on this one, but I have a couple of others that certainly need some trimming. But first, this Dorer needs more of a shaping in the front--squaring up the brim creases to today's "rodeo" shape than trimming. I guess I could try that with some steam first before sending it off to the knife.
:) It's really not very difficult. You might even find it to be a pleasant task.

Mark Butcher

Familiar Face
Here's what I wore today. It's my first photo posting so I hope it turns out. This hat is a Stetson Safari from the early 80's I wore it for years fishing and it had completely lost it's shape so I recently sent it to Art and had him refurbish it and here is how it turned out.
2012-03-07_17-13-26_912.jpg
2012-03-07_17-11-37_199.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany