Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Thanks Eric. That's good advice. I keep steaming the front of the brim, trying to soften it a bit so it might have less swoop when I snap it down. So far no cracks. I believe I will heed your warning and stop before doing an permanent damage.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Great hats so far today.:eusa_clap

IMG0757-M.jpg

I just got rid of my last beat-up shantung not too long ago and have been thinking about finding something that could stand up to the elements a bit. Nice to see it works well.

Not out for too long today, but it gave me a chance to try out the campdraft with the blazer. The profile shot turned out pretty blurry and I didn’t notice the wind cord wasn’t lying flat :eusa_doh:– oh well. Wasn’t sure I’d like the thin ribbon, but it seems to look pretty good. I’ll give it a bit and see what folks think of the less formal look as I make the rounds.

GlenGrey2.jpg

GlenGrey3.jpg

Have a great day everybody.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Perry and Ale, beautiful Borsos. What a catch, Ale-- very fine looking lid.
Al-- I always love that Opti-belly, but wow-- what a great Milan. The grey ribbon is sublime.
Alan-- great shot of that Stetson-- you sure the "steel" hasn't gone platinum?
Robert-- ouchie (in a good way). That's a very sweet color. It looks a little cooler-toned than the eggplant on their website. Do you get the same reading?
Eric, both of those are awesome. It's so neat to see that straw.
Z-- wow. beautiful, just beautiful. Oxblood-ish? That would be a winner for me today.
gtdean-- take that blackjack to Vegas! It's awesome.
Ray-- A rebash, eh? I quite like the crease you've got in it already! ;) lol

...Outstanding!

opening and X-rated sun

I went to Jamestown for the opening of my show last week. A friend snapped a couple of photos at the Institute and during a talk I gave that evening at Jamestown Community College.

opening1.jpg

opening2.jpg

And with all the hoopla this weekend about X class solar flares and possible auroral activity (which never did arrive at our latitude) I thought I would share this photo made from data collected yesterday afternoon. The spot is decaying and rotating out of view, but it sure was a honey of an active region earlier in the week. I was wearing my Tilly hat in the backyard. A bit more on it here.

sm_ar1429.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family
Weekend shots.
Saturday's Beaver Brand:

and Sunday's Resistol:

imgp4828copy.jpg

Hey Bowl thanks for noticing! How old is your Resistol? I don't think of Resistol being anything but western nowadays (I even had a handsome pecan Lucchese hat by Resistol about 12 years ago; was among my first ePrey sales and I made money on it!) Thx.

Jabus

New in Town
First post here, I'm not actually dressed up for hat wear, just testing out the new hat Rodkins sent over (came in this evening)!

The Alonge & Cie Beaver Blend
zzpgW.jpg

gvMDG.jpg

Very sharp Jabus... good to see that nice French flavored hat has found a home up north.

Eric, that Stetson straw is strong stuff... but I really like how you wear it.

... and thanks for the comments on my Bantam!

Jabus

New in Town
Looks great Jabus. Is it as red-brown as it looks in the pictures? Nothing wrong with a fedora and a nice, plain T-shirt.
It depends on the lighting, under the older incandescent bulbs that the pic was taken under it looks redder (not quite as red-brown as the picture shows but close). Under the new blue-ish/daylight bulbs it is just a nice brown. So I guess the latter is the official color unless I'm indoors. I'll be able to test it outside properly tomorrow as the sun was already going out when I got the package today. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn