Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
I wore this reworked Panama Bob Indiana Panama Hat. My first try at replacing a ribbon, I need a lot of practice.
DSCF2181.jpg

Hats are like potato chips you just can't have one.:D

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T., I think that is the first portpie I have seen you wear. It looks damn nice.

Thanks Handlebar bart, I think this hat is a Thirties model.

Stoney

Practically Family
Very Sharp

Tom,
Great job on the bow and killer color combo. Looks like you don't need much practice to me.
You only need to take it back off, use straight pins on the ribbon to hold it tight to the hat,
then tack it back down. It will look fantastic.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Tom-n-Perris said:
I wore this reworked Panama Bob Indiana Panama Hat. My first try at replacing a ribbon, I need a lot of practice.
DSCF2181.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Tom-n-Perris said:
DSCF2181.jpg

Nice ribbon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You took a kind of bland lid and really jazzed it up with that ribbon. Just a little 'tightening' and stitching and you have a really nice look. I am going to have think really hard about getting one of those now that I have seen it with a nice ribbon. Thanks

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I forgot my hat!

:eusa_doh: :eek:

I was planning on wearing my current go-to hat (a Panama Bob blocked by Gus Miller) while running errands but managed to get in the car without it. Got a little ways up the road, realized I'd forgotten it, and it was too late to turn around.

It definitely felt wrong to be out of my car without a hat on!

Regards,
Tom

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
The man with the hat is back...

.. and now he's got the jacket too :D

Lurking in the undergrowth this evening on the way to a friend's 65th birthday celebration, I found myself underneath my trusty Dorfman Pacific 'Indy' hat and wearing my Wested 'Raiders' jacket in brown lambskin.

HatJacket1.jpg

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I'm wearing an Open Road, today---again.

I'm afraid that over the last couple of years I've sterotyped myself in my little home town. When I try to wear something other than an OR, people ask me why I'm not wearing my "good" hat.

Picture009-1-1.jpg

AF

RBH

Bartender
Atticus Finch said:
I'm wearing an Open Road, today---again.

I'm afraid that over the last couple of years I've sterotyped myself in my little home town. When I try to wear something other than an OR, people ask me why I'm not wearing my "good" hat.

Picture009-1-1.jpg

AF
SWEET HAT ATTICUS!!!!!!
Very nice to see someone go against the grain!!!!!

That photo looks like it could be me at my farm here in Arkansas.... but with a Ford truck :D :D .

Stoney

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
What, you fellas don't wear pink stripes on your hats?? lol

betty_061308.JPG

Vintage Betty

Holy Smokes Betty!

That dress and hat go perfectly together and suit you to a T.
I wish more of the ladies would post here, as I do not snoop into the powder room. Thanks for posting. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BTW, Pink Stripes on Guys Hats.... See Tom's Panama at the top of this page.;) The colors look fine to me and I would have no problem wearing one like it myself.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
SWEET HAT ATTICUS!!!!!!
Very nice to see someone go against the grain!!!!!

That photo looks like it could be me at my farm here in Arkansas.... but with a Ford truck :D :D .

Thanks for the comments, RBH!

Actually, this photo is taken beside my neighbors's wheat field, about fifty yards from my house. Just through that yonder woods line runs the Trent River. In my opinion, it offers some of the best fly fishing in Eastern North Carolina.

Truthfully, I'm a GMC guy. What you're looking at is my first Dodge. I like it, but it's an old man's truck. It's got a towing package, CD player, cruise, electric everything, and a big old, gas-guzzling 5.9 litre engine. But it'll tow my 5000 lb. boat in 95 degree heat with the A/C running and not bat an eye.

And after all, I am an old man.

AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats