Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.Herdick

Familiar Face
In the morning a lot of rain. So here you can see me very wet brown Borsalino.

10146905br.jpg

10146906sf.jpg

Otateral

Familiar Face
Here I am tipping my hat off to you all. Alonge & Cie

Love that color.

dscn2069c.jpg

Got this one on ebay. Not sure if you can see in the pic, but there's some weird fading on the band, almost like tape was stuck to it then removed. Anyone know of a way to remove this, or if the ribbon should be replaced?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats guys - the FP looks good in the sunshine, John.

Like the Nostalgia, Randall - one of the best of the modern Stetsons, shame they discontinued it.

Otateral - can't help you with the ribbon, but the hat looks good. Ya know, these hats don't always need to be perfect to enjoy wearing them.

Glorious day here in New England so I've been having a great time wearing my vintage Disney milan. This one had a pug when I got it, Tom-n-Perris added the ribbon for me.

smugshot6157149-L.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Glad you're diggin' it Randy. Looks great on you!
Thanks, JB. (It's Randall, for the record.) :)

Like the Nostalgia, Randall - one of the best of the modern Stetsons, shame they discontinued it.

Glorious day here in New England so I've been having a great time wearing my vintage Disney milan. This one had a pug when I got it, Tom-n-Perris added the ribbon for me.
Awesome Disney, David, and Tom did a fine job on the upgrade.

As for the Nostalgia, I'm not so impressed with the details. The felt is nice enough, but not responsive; the flanging is not crisp at all, so the ribbon rides up and tells the tale of its so-so attachment; there's an inexplicable imprint line just off the base of the ribbon; the black satin liner is cheaply printed; and it doesn't say "Nostalgia" anywhere, so it's sort of generic. I suppose the vintage lids have spoiled me. lol
Not only a nice hat but a nice pic also.........
Thanks, sir . . .

Chilly and rainy here today so a matchup of my Borsalino and trench coat..

Thought the black and white matched the days weather..
. . . but THAT's a nice picture! Great looking combo. :)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jabus, fine looking lid. Very nice warm brown color.

Robert, that looks good. What time periode is it.

John, your Tesi looks great on you.

Randall, he is great. You look perfect with this hat.

Otateral, looks good. Fading? I think you must replace the ribbon.

David, stunning Milan. He looks fantastic.

Frank, fine Hat the Christy. looks good on you. Congrats to the new one.

O-Guy, perfect, great look for that weather.

Got this one on ebay. Not sure if you can see in the pic, but there's some weird fading on the band, almost like tape was stuck to it then removed. Anyone know of a way to remove this, or if the ribbon should be replaced?

Is it all the way around? If so maybe a hat was stacked on top of it for a long time period. As others have noted you will have to replace ribbon.

Otateral

Familiar Face
Is it all the way around? If so maybe a hat was stacked on top of it for a long time period. As others have noted you will have to replace ribbon.

Its in 3 spots. All approximately the same size. Maybe there was a hat with some sort of adhesive that was sat on it. Going to try and find a hat shop in the bay area that can replace the ribbon. I love the hat itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic