Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hückel (Weilheim) Chevreau

7238103406_90fae9e432_b.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Steve, Randall, H.H, Frank and Alex, thank you very much for the kind words, i appreciate them.
H.Herdick, yes you are right. Mayser, is a good brand and makes very good Hats

Ray, sharp lid.

David, cool photo work and sharp Hat.

Steve, great looking Hückel. Fits you perfect.

EggHead

Practically Family
There was an eclipse on Sunday, we could see 84% blackout from San Francisco.
I totally forgot about it until my wife noticed strange lighting while cooking dinner - then I remembered!!

I had enough time to setup my telescope in unused bathroom which overlooks the Pacific and figured I could use the scope as an expensive pinhole device and see the reflection off the ceiling - well, here are some pictures:

At 84% (max in SF) (that heavenly body next to the eclipse is a bathroom ceiling light)

33bmqyp.jpg

Setup
24nk39c.jpg

Do you see sunspots?
2e50doi.jpg

2z85001.jpg

4j7uag.jpg

Do you see sunspots?
cuyz5.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
In the mid 60's and heading to the 70's this afternoon. That makes it perfect weather for my Artlite fedora on my dog walk around the lake this morning. The rose bushes are showing the first blossoms of their year. The fragrance carries a long way as they are near the water.

IMG1404-L.jpg

Darn it - felt wearing weather will be hit and miss over the next couple of months. I already miss wearing my felt fedoras. I may have to join a support group.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Saturday morning, hanging out at my friend John Waddle's violin shop in St. Paul. Optimo Montecristi.

Catching 'Capital Crimes: The St. Paul Gangster Musical' at the History Theater in St. Paul. Optimo Montecristi.

Supper at one of our favorites: Szechuan Spice in Uptown, Minneapolis.

Back in St. Paul early Saturday evening...

...to meet up with family. Optimo Montecristi.

My new old Stetson, as found Sunday morning. Probably early '50s, Stetson 3X Beaver Quality Open Road Style(unmarked as such) fedora, with embroidered 'Last Drop' liner tip and beautiful, variant corded ribbon. Near-mint condition and just glorious. Size 7-5/8 with an impressive 3-1/16" brim and 5-1/2" crown as originally creased. Thirty bucks and change!

I left the crown and crease as is.

By comparison, a seemingly child-sized 6-7/8 Wormser Supreme Quality, 'The Floridian'. Having never seen or handled one of these, I bought it despite its diminutive size, and, at fifteen dollars, it probably cost the same or just a bit more than it would have, back in the day.

Taking a break from plundering as the weather deteriorated during the day. Optimo Montecristi.

Whiskey, aye, but weere be me rum?

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Manfred: You cut a nice profile in that Stetson!

Eric: Thank you, and what a beautiful photo today. I can almost smell those roses. You have my sympathies regarding felt fedora withdrawl, for I know those symptoms all too well. Take heart, my friend, and enjoy every precious moment of our magnificent Spring and Summer here in Minnesota, as I know you will. The prescribed treatment for your ailment is a dose of Montecristi's finest. They will numb the pain of not wearing felt for the next four months and make it not only bearable, but an absolute joy, to be savored.

Robert: Fantastic 4X today.

BR: Thanks! You are, as always, too kind!

EggHead: Most excellent Resistol, that Phifteen! ;) Many thanks for your kind words as well.

O.G.: Looking very cool today under the sun, though I note with interest that you are still wearing an undershirt, so it must not be very warm as yet in Pennsylvania.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looking good in the OR, Robert. I'm sure things are waring up over there in Texas!

Great shots, AL - I was trying to figure out which of your Montecristis I like best, but it is hard to decide.

OG - looking very spring-like in the Panama. I got to wear my Brent Black one all weekend during our trip to Philly.

Nice Resistol, EggHead. Looks as though it was a coolish day in SFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou