Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Nice lids guys very nice.
Chep I love that hat shop wish I could get there and go inside... Chief.

Manfred, that hatshop in your photo looks great, I'd love to explore it.

Chief and David, thanks. Yes, you are so right. You can leave some 1000 Dollars in there, so many nice Caps and Hats and all looks great.

Manfred, I wish you and your family a wonderful and safe holiday, and I do hope you will post some more of your beautiful photos to FEDORAS-AFIELD when you have the time.

Al, thank you very much, my friend. I will do it!
You have so wonderful photos as always, Al. I really enjoy them and cant wait to see the next photoseries and splendid Hats..

Last edited:

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Today was my Dobbs 'Spirit'! Putty colored with a brown ribbon. Beating the Florida heat in style : D

IMG-20120703-00912.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Gentlemen, please accept my humble gratitude for your exceedingly generous comments! :yo:

David: Thanks! Hard to top the lighting in those alleys for portrait work. The perfect, natural bounce flash umbrella!

gdc: Thank you! Must be the profusion of melon-headed Germans and Scandinavians here in Minnesota! lol Kidding aside, I really think that it is a simple matter of statistics. If you look around consistently and persistently, your efforts will be rewarded with some terrific larger hats eventually. They are still out there...

Randall: Many thanks! It is eminently satisfying that my verbose annotations bring you a modicum of joy. lol

tealseal: I appreciate your kind words! Stetson offered an astounding variety of straws and bold, colorful pug/ribbon combinations in the 1940s-1950s, well illustrated in period ads. This particular Stetson Panama is very distinctive, indeed, from the black-dyed paja toquilla, to the optimo creased, Monte-Carlo/Gambler style crown, to the bold and vibrant pug. I really like this hat very much as well.

Johnny: Thanks! Have you tried scouring the vintage clothing shops on Melrose or Sunset? You should also browse the myriad antiques shops and antique malls in old Pasadena. Also, consider the monthly cycle of great weekend outdoor flea markets, beginning with the Pasadena City College Flea Market the first Sunday of each month, followed by the Rose Bowl Flea Market the second Sunday, and finally, the Long Beach Antique Market the following, or third Sunday.

Carl: You are too kind, Chief! Thank you! :yo:

Jared: Thanks! I do love this hat, and savor every opportunity that I have to wear it.

Manfred: Thank you, my friend! Splendid photos from your holiday trip!

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Perry: Very nice shirt/Panama combination today. I see no fur felt in the near future for you, my friend! :flame:

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Manfred: Thank you, my friend! Splendid photos from your holiday trip!

Al, thank you, my friend. My photos not as good as your photos. I have leave my Lumix FZ50 at home and went with a small cheap cam.
Your photo sets are first class and I love the way they document their photos. I am a Fan!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks again, Manfred, I appreciate your kindness! I really enjoy viewing your wonderful photos, as well as those of many other loungers, for everyone has their own, unique perspective and aesthetic sensibility. It is all good!

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
I dressed up for a day at home, being as productive as I can inside. But I couldn't resist taking the camera along for my one trip outside, on the short hike to toss out some fruit pits & peels.

To really catch the spirit of the woods, click the picture to see the full size. I always find the forest humbling... this captures that feeling perfectly!

-Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace