Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's a western tie made by hollyvogue back in the '30s, which has leather whipstiching around the edges on the front.
Torpedo said:
Hi Dinerman,

I like both photos - they have a very atmospheric vintage look! BTW, are you wearing some kind of serrated edge tie, in the flat cap image? Or is it some photo definition oddity?

Regards,

Daniel

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Dark Moss VS for traveling to Tennessee.
The old barn on the farm.

barn.jpg

fed1.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Wore my Peters Bros. Indy custom, this time last year this was my only real hat and it got worn my entire vacation. Today it went fishing and saw some rain and has really softened up in the past year.

p.jpg

Sorry there is a hat in there, I am not on my regular computer this week and can't crop.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Florida_Marlin said:
Got this from the bay. Nice hat. F_M
101_0600.JPG

Hey Marlin,

I've got a Champ that looks very similar/same as yours. Mine has no liner (but no logo print inside crown either so it may once have had a liner for all I know) and has an unreeded sweatband. Unfortunately my sweatband is deteriorating badly. Great knock-around hat for me. I like the warm grey/taupe color.

Yours looks to be in great shape! Details?...

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Nice Borsalino. I've always like green. I have an old wool Bailey hat that I wore hiking for years. It started brown, but is now green! Since I've discovered fur hats, I'm gonna retire the old wool hat, Regards, F_M

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
While this isn't exactly "today"...it IS a photo of me in one of my favorite lids: a Borsalino Pesca. I performed at a Gatsby Summer Afternoon in California. (I can't figure out where the dickens I was looking....)
gatsbycandc.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Craig Robertson said:
While this isn't exactly "today"...it IS a photo of me in one of my favorite lids: a Borsalino Pesca. I performed at a Gatsby Summer Afternoon in California. (I can't figure out where the dickens I was looking....)
gatsbycandc.jpg

Absolutely fantastic, both of you of course.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Sharp looking lid also.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Wore my Peters Bros. Indy custom, this time last year this was my only real hat and it got worn my entire vacation. Today it went fishing and saw some rain and has really softened up in the past year.

p.jpg

Sorry there is a hat in there, I am not on my regular computer this week and can't crop.
Lookin' good IC...Hope you and the family are having a great time!:eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Florida_Marlin said:
Nice Borsalino. I've always like green. I have an old wool Bailey hat that I wore hiking for years. It started brown, but is now green! Since I've discovered fur hats, I'm gonna retire the old wool hat, Regards, F_M

OK, FM, now this is getting just spooky. First the Featherweight now the brown woolie turned to (an earthy) green; I've got one TOO that fits that description! It'll turn up in this thread sooner or later (haven't loaded it to Photobucket yet). It's got a simple leather band and an underwelt brim edge. I added a couple small rooster feathers along the way for a splash of color.

Since I discovered fur felt I haven't bought any more wool hats and do not plan too - - however, I still like the several I have and wear them routinely, especially in the sweaty summer or when hiking.

The other day I wore this center dent wool hat. I think it's a Bailey and for a woolie it's surprisingly soft and pliable. Great color too (like creamy coffee) in my opinion.

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
Craig Robertson said:
gatsbycandc.jpg

You look wonderful. Your outfit is much more 40's than 20's but great non the less. :eusa_clap I wish I could of gone with my friend Roy but I am working full time again.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats