Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Waiting for our dinner check.....

.....the waitress is coming. My wife snapped a pic of me working on my patience waiting for our dinner check. We are heading out to a special desert shop and then to a local music club. Acoustic blues music awaits us.

IMG2539-L.jpg

Wearing my VS Executive in Silverbelly.

Enjoy the evening, Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Love the VSE Eric.

Don't you hate having to wait ages for the check? I tend to reduce the tip the longer I wait. My friends that have worked in restaurants tell me this is evil, but I've reached negative numbers (they just bill you the check amount) or left the tip "be more attentive to your customers"

I guess coming from the UK, I'm still not used to all this tipping stuff and I won't pay extra for poor service :)

Hope you got out of there and have a great evening!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
C-Hopper; You appear to be a content Dad. The content look on your face must be a by-product of having the kids fenced in.;):p

Seriousely, congrats on the addition to the family and what appears to be a pleasant afternoon in the park.

Oh yes, nice hat. Best, Eric -

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks SBG. Fences are good for maintaining sanity with small children ;)
I've really enjoyed seeing your VS's. Are you going for a specific number or is your tree of VS hats going to continue growing indefinitely?

Sam

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks SBG. Fences are good for maintaining sanity with small children ;)
I've really enjoyed seeing your VS's. Are you going for a specific number or is your tree of VS hats going to continue growing indefinitely?
Sam

Indefinitely. Sam, my wife asked me just about the same thing this evening. She phrased it, how many VS hats do you expect you get this year? I admitted to my wife, and I will admit it here in public, that I have had no specific plans and have no specific plans for this coming year. I did promise to keep it to a budget amount less than her planned shoe purchases this coming year. We agreed this was reasonable as we have already budgeted her shoe purchases. She loves new shoes. I am rational enough to know that I do not "need" more. They are indeed luxury items.

The VS tree will grow this year. The tree will grow on my whims. If you have any suggestions yell.

How about you? As I understand you commission a VS hat for each child. I am in admiration of you, as that must require some very intense conversations with your wife when you are desiring a new VS. I would suggest also involving your business manager, accountant and investment advisor with each new VS purchase, if you do not already. Your planning has to be WAY more intense than mine!;)

This query might make for an interesting thread. It would be interesting to read what other ideas folks are nuturing.

Eric -

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eric,
My plan currently is to get a custom hat to represent each of my children. So far they've all been VS's but for my oldest daughter I've already decided that hers will be a Tumwater hat and I think I may go with Black Sheep hat for my current youngest daughter. I haven't got this firmly planned out though so if Art runs another sale for loungers I might head back to him as I've been very happy with what he's made for me so far.

My son and daughter collection is my most important collection and the hats are really secondary to that. Our plans for our kid collection are currently open ended which has the added side benefit of meaning that my custom hat collection is currently open ended. The kids do however cost much more than the hats and so the hats will be coming as finances allow. This means that my custom hat collection may not catch up to my kid collection for a very long time :D

I'm currently at 6 kids (2 of whom sadly, are not here) and I have 3 VS's to represent 3 of them. This means that I am currently 3 hats short of being current ;)

After my kids have grown I'll probably be able to continue growing my collection of custom hats for grand kids if I am blessed with them.

I look forward to seeing your collection grow and seeing the new and fun hats that you and Art come up with together.

Sam

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alex, Randall, Jared and O-Guy, thank you very much for the nice comments, I really appreciate them!

O-Guy, love that Semi Colado, a great looking Hat!

Jaunty, the new one looks great on you!

Eric, sharp looking VSE, fits you perfect!

Case, I like it, this Akubra is a fine Hat. It suits you well!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Casechopper Beautiful Kids you have & cool hats ! Congrat's on the Newborn !;)
Another great day with my grandkids.
Taloc is sporting a Stevens & me VS, Art-Lite Sahara in South San Francisco.
232323232%7Ffp63632%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35666597%3B234%3Bnu0mrj

here in San Francisco pretty cold here today with 3 of 5 grandkids.
232323232%7Ffp6354%3A%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35666597%3B534%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63594%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3566676%3A5634%3Bnu0mrj

Back to the Delta a 27 degree hike in the weather & Still Comfy in the VS, Art-Lite :cool:

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Indefinitely. Sam, my wife asked me just about the same thing this evening. She phrased it, how many VS hats do you expect you get this year? I admitted to my wife, and I will admit it here in public, that I have had no specific plans and have no specific plans for this coming year. I did promise to keep it to a budget amount less than her planned shoe purchases this coming year. We agreed this was reasonable as we have already budgeted her shoe purchases. She loves new shoes. I am rational enough to know that I do not "need" more. They are indeed luxury items.

The VS tree will grow this year. The tree will grow on my whims. If you have any suggestions yell.

How about you? As I understand you commission a VS hat for each child. I am in admiration of you, as that must require some very intense conversations with your wife when you are desiring a new VS. I would suggest also involving your business manager, accountant and investment advisor with each new VS purchase, if you do not already. Your planning has to be WAY more intense than mine!;)

This query might make for an interesting thread. It would be interesting to read what other ideas folks are nuturing.

Eric -

Eric, I confess that my VS buying is mostly but not always planned ahead, same as with suits, ties and whatnots. You might say that I plan their numbers (and designs) passionately, then commission them in cold blood. :cool:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wow, Che! Beautiful shots again, of a beautiful hat and family. The Sahara felt just glows, especially with that ribbon treatment. What color is the ribbon and binding-- looks from here to be a muted grey-brown?

Jauntyone, gorgeous black cherry there, and the proportions look great. The James Bond pictures you posted have inspired me to give my recent Dobbs another go before I give up on it. I don't think I've ever seen a similar style onanyone's head until you posted those pics.

Manfred-- way to go with that straw brim reshaping!

Casechopper, I liked that Carmack, but wow the VS you posted with your beautiful new baby is really something special.

Eric, absolute executive professionalism on that VS silver belly. Great color-- it appears warmer/yellower than other VS S. bellies people have posted. Could that be because of the trim?

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Inspired by Jauntyone's Bond photos, I've decided to give this one another try today before it goes in the "to be sold" stack. It's a Dobbs (60s-70s??) with a tapered crown and a 2 1/4" bound brim (that actually looks stingier than that to my eye) and a fairly intense brim flange.

019tji.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael