Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Back to back Ox Blood hats for yesterday and today:
20120904_120545.jpg

Tuesday took a drive down the coast to visit the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium (and give a friend a lift back to the city). Although he finds much more picturesque settings, here's an homage to Bowlerman/Jeff's dashboard hat photos. Optimo Oxblood Dillinger.
20120905_142528.jpg

Back in the nursery today with my Black Sheep hand-dyed Oxblood....the color is a little washed out because of all the fog today!

Alan, Coffee with cream, that sound good!
Man, that is a stunning Hat and the wide brim is gorgeous. Perfect for you!

Thanks Manfred and all for the very kind notes on the Dunlap. Not sure about coffee and cream, but half-breed isn't working for me. I think it's my non-wizarding heritage. :)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jared and David, black sheep for both, great looking Hats, guys!

Eric, very very nice that Hat and you know that! ;)

monk, nice new Hat, my congrats, looks good on you!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
gtdean, looks good the Wanderer, I like the style with all sides down!

Alan, nice photos. This Hat looks good on you, as good as all your Hats.
Very nice the full crown, a Jackpot!

For whatever reason, this is my first posting about your amazing hats, Mr. F.

For that matter, I've never commented on any other hats, because most of what we see on this forum are all astounding examples. However, your collection continues to grow with (among RLK, Mr. Bowers, etc.) the most consistantly, stunningly splendid finds on the Lounge. Your "Happy" straw, and now this Dunlap are BEYOND spectacular. Wish I had a "normal" head size... need to find a shrinker, maybe.

I understand the difficulty responding to all the great stuff posted on the Lounge. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and share the kind comments.

Manfred, thank you. The camera angle makes this crown look taller than it is. It's actually 5" open and somewhat tapered - closer to a 1950s European profile than to the lightweight Playboy and Cross Country of the same era. Wish I had a Knockabout or Vagabond or Kickaround to compare it to.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I understand the difficulty responding to all the great stuff posted on the Lounge. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and share the kind comments.

Manfred, thank you. The camera angle makes this crown look taller than it is. It's actually 5" open and somewhat tapered - closer to a 1950s European profile than to the lightweight Playboy and Cross Country of the same era. Wish I had a Knockabout or Vagabond or Kickaround to compare it to.

Hey Alan, how about a remote comparison of your Disney Gadabout with my Mallory Nokabout? If you want to, PM me some pics of your Gababout from all angles and I'll do my best and try to shoot similar frames. It would be a nice addition to your recently started hat comparison thread.

The Nokabout is marked depth 5" and it has the tapered side profile with rounded crown roof. Could be very similar if not identical to the Gadabout.
Here's the Nokabout in the Mallory Mile. The pics in the Mallory Mile are not suitable for a comparison, of course.

Last edited:
Great idea... I've only taken a few pictures of this hat - will do a better recording and send them to you.

Just not going to let you roll and squeeze it. :D

cheers,
Alan

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Great idea... I've only taken a few pictures of this hat - will do a better recording and send them to you.

Just not going to let you roll and squeeze it. :D

cheers,
Alan

Hehe...

I knew I could count on you. :)
I'll shoot in daylight (so it will be the next day in your time zone), then post the whole comparison.

Best,
Nik

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

WOW!!!!!!! Alan, that is most definitely YOUR hat. You completely own that look. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

That Dunlap is a wonderful hat and I'm really happy you were able to snag it off of Ebay!!

I don't suppose I could convince you to take a picture of the seam where the felt and straw meet under the sweatband? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou