Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mayser, Beautiful Zephyr !
here is a pic of my 37 Zephyr

232323232%7Ffp54358%3Enu%3D3652%3E843%3E8%3B%3B%3E27438439%3A%3C25%3Aot1lsi

No Hat Pompodur protected me.:cool:

Today Knox Panama for me & Lee Straw for Moco.
232323232%7Ffp543%3B9%3Enu%3D3652%3E843%3E8%3C5%3E27438439%3B625%3Aot1lsi

Che, The '37 Zephyr is really something! Great photo with you & Moco! Super Knox Panama & Lee Straw duo!

Alan, Thanks!

Robert, Your No Name Hat Co./Fray L. Greentree looks fantastic. I really like the brim setup!

AnA, Great Black Dobbs Twenty! The black and white and color photos show it off nicely.

Tom, Thanks! Your Penney's Marathon looks super! You can really see the finish and color against the backdrop.

g.durand, Congrats on the new Lee Corral! It looks great!

David, Great to see the Hopkins of Baltimore straw. I was just in Baltimore today. Baltimore was a straw hat making center back in the day.

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
mayserwegener--beautiful velour and ribbon combo on the Huckel.

Che--my wife says the pic of you and Moco in matching gear is priceless. Looks like you're enjoying our hot weather. Like the old pic with you and the Zephyr. I didn't need a hat back then either!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
David, great lookin' lid. Looks to me like it breathes well!

G.Durand, very nice color, on a VERY nice Corral! Great find!

Steve, you have some awesome lids, and that one just proves it!

Che, cool ride, for a cool guy, who wears cool hats, with his family by his side!

Today, I am going with the 30's Stetson Special. It is perfect for windy days!

00111.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mayser, Thank You
straw season has arrived my way But if i had a seal finish hat like yours Id find excuses to Wear it !!!
Those ribbons are so cool & streamlined just amazing your Fine Hats !

g.durand & Mrs D., Gracias
Yea Moco has that Action started young Just like my Grandpa started me off back in NYC.
I love CA & here to stay ! 87 degrees my way & comfy indeed,
I still have the Zephyr But i miss the Pompadour.
That Lee is a sweet find, I love my Lee Hats for some reason my 2 felts they tend to sport a Hollywood brim.

Justin, Your Old School Hats are amazing, & your a great Poet !
Im Proud to see a young man like you sporting true Old School!:cool:

David, Great Smile in your Springtime Straw !

tomb, Great to see your Smile as well , Cool Marathon !

A & A, Rainy Day Relaxin OK Those Dobbs20's have some nice tall square crowns good collection you have.

rlk, Fray - no name, wearable historic hat Looks great for all it is !

Chepstow, Great Color & wearin it well Amigo !

Randooch, Cute Couple There ! on the Boardwalkalino............

So Far So Good ! All Hats Posted Today = All Winners !

Last edited:
Incredible weekend hats, gentlemen!! We attended a Kentucky Derby event today where a "Derby look hat" contest was an advertised highlight. One $200 prize for Ladies, and one for Gentlemen. I only learned of the contest yesterday, and so will wear the Panama porkpie again.
View attachment 1145 View attachment 1146 View attachment 1147

Che wins, hands down today with the Big Man/Little Man composition. IMPOSSIBLE to look at that picture without smiling....

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Che, g-durand, Justin, Randall, Steve, Darrel and Alan, thank you very much for the nice comments, I appreciate your kind words!

hatsRme, you look darn sharp with your jacket and hat, hope you win the price!

Monte, woman and flowers, I know that. Great looking hat!

Justin, your Stetson is a great hat, love the look of the older hats on you!

Che, your 37 Z. looks fantastic also the two guys with straw hats on photo two. You rock the summer!

Steve, awesome Hückel Velour, great to see him in Action!

g-durand, looks very good on you the new Lee. The color and shape looks fantastic!

David, everyday a new straw hat, you have a great collection!

tomb, sharp look with a very very nice Penney!

AnA, the right hat for church the black beauty!

Robert, a nice one the new no name hat co.

Thank you Manfred and GDurand! My daughter's BF (pictured) or I should have won. Absolutely the best Derby hatted guys in the place, except maybe (and only maybe) for the judges. But, as one might have expected there were a preponderance of ladies. Then, at the last second after the "showcase," THE RULES CHANGED AT THE WHIM of the JUDGES!!.

They decided we didn't matter, and gave the the prizes to two women. Sure, they may have had disparagingly more contestants of the gender, but the last second game change smacked of impropriety. Todd SHOULD have won. No sour grapes. Just fact.

We were gracious gentlemen (despite the grumbling of our ladies) and went with it all, albeit dumbfounded. How should we feel about the party sponsors, a restaurant and a local hatter?

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
djh--nice to see some warm weather up your way. When I lived in upstate New York and it would snow in May, well, let's just say it was a cause for dismay. Nice Hopkins straw.

I know what you mean - I'm thinking it won't last. Nice Lee in the photo you posted.

Che - fantastic photo of the two pink shirt dudes! Thanks for the comment on the Hopkins too.

David, Great to see the Hopkins of Baltimore straw. I was just in Baltimore today. Baltimore was a straw hat making center back in the day.

Thanks, Steve. Indeed I was reading an article from the Baltimore Sun just the other day on the straw hat industry that used to flourish there. Nice velour for you!

David, great lookin' lid. Looks to me like it breathes well!

Thank you Splintz. Yes, the weave isn't that tight on this one so is nice for a little airflow :) This hat was a winter eBay purchase - about $15.00 I believe. Good deals on straws when the snow is falling!

Monte - what is the hat in your photo? Looks good.

Charlie - I don't see how you can fail to win with your VS.

David, everyday a new straw hat, you have a great collection!

Thanks, Manfred. I really don't have many straw hats - they've just been packed away for a while, so I'm relishing the opportunity to enjoy wearing them.

Monte

A-List Customer
Thanks Manfred.
HatsRme, I'm glad you got to attend. Good showing w your straw.
G., that Lee is in nice shape, eh? Looks good. That new Borso was very nice as well.

Monte

A-List Customer
I know what you mean - I'm thinking it won't last. Nice Lee in the photo you posted.

Che - fantastic photo of the two pink shirt dudes! Thanks for the comment on the Hopkins too.

Thanks, Steve. Indeed I was reading an article from the Baltimore Sun just the other day on the straw hat industry that used to flourish there. Nice velour for you!

Thank you Splintz. Yes, the weave isn't that tight on this one so is nice for a little airflow :) This hat was a winter eBay purchase - about $15.00 I believe. Good deals on straws when the snow is falling!

Monte - what is the hat in your photo? Looks good.
Thanks, Beaver Hats (not old) I changed the shape slightly and I really like the gray w black....goes w anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland