Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
It's a fantastic hat day for my friends here in the lounge!

David, looks like a great time for you and especially with so nice accessoires,

Joel, very nice Straw!

Justin, looks good on you that sharp Borsalino!

Che, great photos as ever. That Simonds Cap looks very good!

AnA, that's right! A great hat for life!

g-durand, sharp looking Dobbs. The shape looks good for me!

Richard, always best dressed and well hatted!

Mike, sharp shirt and hat, the stingy brims looks really good on you!

Jaunty, that is a fantastic Tonak, I love that felt and color combination!

Perry, wonderful Stetson. Great hat!

Jeff, a hammer Virtuoso, damn sharp hat, my friend!

Andy, great look! Sharp hat with style!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
July Travels

Wednesday afternoon. OPTIMO Montecristi.

Heading out for supper and some shopping with my nephew and nieces Wednesday evening.

Savoring the early morning tranquility, Independence Day. OPTIMO Montecristi.

Seafood paradise. Quality Seafood, King Harbor, Redondo Beach. Independence Day afternoon.

Early this morning before anyone else has stirred. OPTIMO Montecristi.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, amazing and Fantastic collection. You look always sharp in your Straw's!

My youngest Son and I today! His last day of shool!
mk94.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mike - Nice Panama. Red, White and Blue - a good day to be wearing the colours of the Union Flag ;) :p

Jauntyone - nice Tonak. Oddly I've been in touch with Ari over the last couple of days - his prices are extremely tempting.

Perry - Nice Stetson and looking good in it as always.

Bowlerman - looks like a great job on the shaping.

Andy - that moonstone almost looks apricot on my monitor - interesting colour.

AL - beautiful straws and great shots again.

Manfred - both looking good in your respective lids. You've obviously been a good influence on your son :)

ManofKent

Thanks for the comments on the last hat.

Today was a a hot one, so linen suit and another of the Biltmores:

It fits okay on the sweat, but I can't help thinking it would be better if it was visually a little larger, both in crown and brim. It will stay in the rotation, but probably won't get as much wear as the others.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Richard, I think we all look better with a taller crown and generous brim but as a fan of the stingy I think your Biltmore is terrific and well worn. And a wink back to you, as you can see I take my patriotism lightly :) The worlds borders are blurring and that's a better thing in my opinion.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Richard, I think we all look better with a taller crown and generous brim but as a fan of the stingy I think your Biltmore is terrific and well worn. And a wink back to you, as you can see I take my patriotism lightly :) The worlds borders are blurring and that's a better thing in my opinion.

There's a sense of fun with stingy's that broader brims don't have.

Despite my moniker (there's a friendly rivalry between Kentish Men, born one side of the River Medway, and Men of Kent born the other) - I've never been one to take accidents of birth too seriously :)

seabass

Call Me a Cab
ManofKent
That's a damm nice stingy Biltmore. The side profile is great & gives a illusion of a decently sized crown

Both you & Mike wear em well !

say slap a pic or 2 in the Stingy thread we started last year
che

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Mike, nice ensemble, nice patriotic color scheme. Cool shirt too! It reminded me of the Grateful Dead, but appears to lack the teddy bears.

Thanks Jeff, I think the shirt was inspired by the Skull & Roses of artist Alton Kelley but it's out of Down Under from a shirt company that was know for it's artists and post dates the Dead by quite a few years. More pixs from a post last year: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-and-fedoras&p=1475359&viewfull=1#post1475359

I'm a newb to pipes but your example reminds me of "Alice In Wonderland" for some reason. Really impressive and you look like your off to see Alice although I'm sure what your smoking is completely legal :)

kolchak

New in Town
DJH - love yours too!

ManofKent - I really like the crown on that dark fedora - beautiful!!

mkespens - nice hat & shades combo (Ray Ban I think?)

hatophile - Great Stetson - That'll keep you dry!

bowler man - Amazing the shape and high crown of that Falcon Park!

delectans - very nice!

Chepstow - Tolles Bild!

rlk - great Linen Cap! Are you an Evanston native BTW?

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Temperature reached 98F today - way too hot for me. Still, at least I can keep cool with another summer ale - Summer Session Ale from Peak Organic Brewing. The hat's my Worth & Worth Montecristi

smugshot_959099-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm a newb to pipes but your example reminds me of "Alice In Wonderland" for some reason. Really impressive and you look like your off to see Alice although I'm sure what your smoking is completely legal :)

Hey Mike, you're spot on! I wonder if perhaps the Disney version of that story matured into an actual desire to smoke a pipe later in life. It was that Dodo bird with the powdered wig who smoked the calabash pipe! I had quite an extensive collection of pipes too, that has been rapidly dwindling since I really don't use them much. But if you ever want to talk pipes, you'll be in good company with Alive n' Amplified and myself, and likely others around here.

And yes, absolutely legal. I got three kids and a mortgage, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn