Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Nice, Perry!

David, I love those wider brimmed milans. My Dobbs Milan is my favorite straw, and I hardly wear it for fear of ruining it.

All, beautiful shots, and I'll second the safe travels!

Justin, that is fantastic.

So far this morning, my pure beaver black fedora by Dennis Brooks. It's gonna get hot and humid, but beaver breathes better than rabbit, so it might stay on head...

u3ezaja8.jpg
ypusavu5.jpg

G, great hat and I'm digging th pose!

Mok, those are both nice. The cheap wide brim straw looks great on you!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Really like this fedora. We don't see enough black fedoras. I'll wear felt fedoras all year here in Cleveland. On the hottest days if it isn't going to rain I'll wear a Panama. Otherwise a fur felt with a fairly tall crown.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - the Milan looks great - I love the tone natural Milans aquire

Perry - the Adam's pug works beautifully with the shirt.

Bowlerman - nice proportions, with the slim ribbon

Sam - great photo of your daughter, she's a natural hat wearer :) Your not doing badly either ;)

---------------------------------------

Thanks for the comments on the weekend hats - I know I've had the cheap straw for at least 15yrs - I think it was a department store summer special, they all seem to be paper these days.

Today - a warm and sunny start, but I had that panama moment on the way home, where the wind suddenly got up and the sky ominously darkened - thankfully it held off long enough for a brisk trot home.

Olney:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Panama

David - the Milan looks great - I love the tone natural Milans aquire

Perry - the Adam's pug works beautifully with the shirt.

Bowlerman - nice proportions, with the slim ribbon

Sam - great photo of your daughter, she's a natural hat wearer :) Your not doing badly either ;)

Thanks for the comments on the weekend hats - I know I've had the cheap straw for at least 15yrs - I think it was a department store summer special, they all seem to be paper these days.

Today - a warm and sunny start, but I had that panama moment on the way home, where the wind suddenly got up and the sky ominously darkened - thankfully it held off long enough for a brisk trot home.

Olney:

Now that's really nice! The Panama definitely looks good on you MOK...

Glad we got to see it before retirement. :eusa_clap

No rain here yet today... The Buffalonian from Kleinhans Company - yeddo straw with wavy brim. Much larger than Roberts.

070813.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Wore my Borso Savoy today. I was very on-edge today, because I forgot my cell phone at home!! I'm not sure what's worse, walking out without my phone or walking out without my hat!! :eeek:

539E4294.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks TJones.

Great looking boaters Alan & Robert.

AnA - That Borso really suits you. I like the ribbon width.

Andy - I like that bluegrass colour and the bash looks good.

HamilcarBarca - looks great.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
The parade of incredible hats and hat wearers continues unabated. Well done HamilcarBarca3, Andy, Alive'n'Amplified, Alan, Robert, Richard, Sam, Jeff, Perry, David, g.durand, and Justin! :eusa_clap

I'm enjoying the latest MontecristiFest Al.
Have a safe flight!!

Thanks again, David. Arrived Taipei at 0535 and we hit the ground running. No rest for the weary(or wicked, as the case may be). Sorry that the Fastback did not work out for you. Always best to see hats in person, especially for Montecristis.

Al, I always seeing your posts! Such beautiful places you take us. Thank you for posting your travels!

Many thanks, Justin!

Al, Great combo of Panamas. Also usual fab photo series! Have a safe trip!

Thank you, Steve! I am convinced that our smooth flight and early arrival were due in no small measure to the well wishes of my fellow loungers! :)

David, Jeff, Orangegrad, job & son, Ed, Mike, Al, Justin--nice hats, all.

Appreciate your kind words! :yo:

Al, wonderful photos. The new Montechristi is a stunner, damn sharp ribbon too!

Thank you, my friend! Really proud of this hat, as I am of all of my Montecristis.

Al - fantastic Montecristis. Safe travels

Steve

Much obliged, Steve!

All, beautiful shots, and I'll second the safe travels!

Thanks, Jeff! Really nice that you can still wear that beauty in July.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
July Travels

Sunday morning, examining a terrific old burgee at the Pasadena City College Flea Market.

Getting ready to board our plane at 0135 Monday morning.

On the ride into Taipei early Tuesday morning.

Already 84F and humid at 0800. We headed over to the morning market to buy some fresh fruits for the day.

Crossing through Sun Yat Sen Memorial Park.

Mangos in season, and absolutely divine.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great hats from yesterday everyone. I was nearly inspired to wear a felt hat today, but with another hot day in prospect went with my Portis Milan instead.

smugshot_4258886-L.jpg

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Still raining in Cleveland

I cannot believe how much rain we've had this summer. It's too wet (for me anyway) to go outside for a headshot - at least until the grass dries off a bit. So an indoor photo of the BG Camp Draft that arrived yesterday. The eagle pendant is by Navajo silversmith Erick Begay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael