Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Andy, Richard ( nice to see you back ), David, Eric, Charlie and Dale, many many thanks for the nice Cap comments my friends!

Andy, very sharp VS. This color and shape suits you very well. Breiter was a hat and Cap maker in Bavaria München long time ago.
Now he is a retailer of different brands Stetson, Bugatti, Mayser and so on.
He produced some Trachten hats in different styles!

David, also a VS and also a killer hat like Andys!

Eric, the next VS, and a hammer hat in color and shape!

Charlie, can't believe it, VS, VS and VS, what is today for a day, me seems VS day.
That Whiskey looks great is great and I know it tastes great!

Dale, I am not alone and you wear no VS and it's nothing wrong with the day!
A sharp Dobbs and excellent presented and worn!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good morning Gents! As usual, you guys all look great!

Manfred, My friend, that is one awesome cap! You wear it very well!
Andy, A special shout to you my friend. The City Sport cap was excellent! You definitely pulled it off! The VS Wanderer looks exceptionally nice!
DJH, Another excellent VS! Fabulous!
Eric, Classic style! I love the Whippets! The VS did it justice!
hatsRme, Geez! Another VS?! My friend, the hat is beautiful!
dh66, Classic! Stingies look exceptionally well on you! You wear them well my friend!

On this sunny but chilly morning from Central Ohio, I'm sporting my Bradford OR clone...sorry for the poor picture quality

j3on.jpg

View attachment 5725

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Charlie - I sure hope "the contraption" comes off soon. I know how frustrating it can be - not just pain, but not being able to do all the things you want to do.

What seems like another lifetime ago but was only a few years back - I was heavily involved in Combat Hap Ki Do - a Korean Martial art infused with MMA style fighting. At my first black belt demonstration I plowed through the concrete block no problem. But I got arrogant and went after some boards - just puny boards - and forgot to "energize" my hand, which decided that the board was harder than that little bone that holds up the pinky. Well, after reconstructive surgery and many weeks of therapy, the owner of my dojo determined that at my second degree black belt demo I'd be using my feet and not my hands...

Last night as some friends, my wife and I were having dinner at Corky & Lenny's, I thought of Maxie's. Perhaps a nice hot corned beef on rye with horseradish would take your mind off the contraption for an hour or so...

Great Bradford T.Jones. That style is always a winner, and looks good on you. I went out Sat. night in my OR. It'll be getting more use as the cooler weather gets here.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Thanks for the advice on the City Sport, TJones. It got lots of compliments last night when my wife and I went out for dinner with friends.

Good to see the Bradford is still fitting well with the loosened sweat.

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
This is a late reply about Tardan. Last summer I went to a wedding in Mexico City. So I located the Tardan hat store (they've stayed in business all this time) which is just off the Plaza de la Constitución. The store has a modern design. There was a bunch of fedoras, felt as well as straw. I would put them at contemporary Stetson quality, and design. I was really hoping that there would be some sort of memorial to the founder Jean. There was none, and the employees had no knowledge whatsoever of the history of the store, and Mr. Tardan's unfortunate fate (there's a town in northern Mexico, not too far south of Mexicali, called "Benjamin Hill" ). So I took out my iPhone and showed them the NY Times story that John just referenced. Can't say they were enthralled. Too bad. No, I didn't buy a hat.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Manfred - can't beat Harris Tweed for winter weather. Nice cap.

Andy, David, Eric & Charlie - a fine quartet of VSs!

Dale - great stingy.

TJones - that Bradford always looks good on you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I have internet access restored, I'll bore you with a few shots from this week:

Post-Storm Tuesday, and a Christy's Melton 8-piece:

Weirdly warm and sunny Wednesday, and an Olney crushable fur-felt:

Damp and drizzly Thursday - Akubra Campdraft:

Breezy Friday - Mallory 'Stowaway':

Saturday (and Sunday)- Akubra Fed:

g.durand

One Too Many
Welcome back, Richard. You've done a nice job of catching up, with your usual panache.

Manfred, the Breiter Harris Tweed looks great. Nicely paired with the wool sweater.

And the same to you, too, dh66. The Dobbs and the flannel make a nice couple.

As for the rest, I was so tempted to join in on Fawcett Sunday, but I can't get enough of the thin ribbons lately so I followed T Jones' lead and donned the '50s OR. Soon I'll have a thin-ribbon Fawcett and I will be able to have my cake and eat it, too. But OG, David, Eric, and hatsRme, you are all absolutely well-topped today.

IMG_3277_zps57008873.jpg

IMG_3284_zps577b3d16.jpg

IMG_3285_zpsf7cfb362.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yes, nice to see you back Richard and that you came through the storm. I was still living in the UK at the time of the famous Michael Fish storm. I was in Harwich at the time and a heck of a lot of the old trees were gone afterwards. At least we didn't have to worry about the Internet connection back then :)

Great looking OR GD.

hatguy1

One Too Many
What hat am I wearing today? Unfortunately, I didn't get to wear any. (Always like to wear one on Sunday.) But the winds here were gusting to 40 today! So, chose not to wear a hat today. Certainly missed it!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Welcome back, Richard. You've done a nice job of catching up, with your usual panache.

Manfred, the Breiter Harris Tweed looks great. Nicely paired with the wool sweater.

And the same to you, too, dh66. The Dobbs and the flannel make a nice couple.

As for the rest, I was so tempted to join in on Fawcett Sunday, but I can't get enough of the thin ribbons lately so I followed T Jones' lead and donned the '50s OR. Soon I'll have a thin-ribbon Fawcett and I will be able to have my cake and eat it, too. But OG, David, Eric, and hatsRme, you are all absolutely well-topped today.

IMG_3277_zps57008873.jpg

IMG_3284_zps577b3d16.jpg

IMG_3285_zpsf7cfb362.jpg

g.durand...and you wear it very well my friend! Richard, as always, the most dapper Gentleman across the pond. Love the collection!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Richard - you live in an area with amazing scenery. Though where I live, Cleveland, isn't as bad as all the jokes make it out to be, it's not England. It's not even Columbus. I grew up in the Boston area, which is rich in history, and during the autumn has some beautiful foliage. Cleveland, well, it is what it is, and though I'm here for work, when I retire I doubt I will be staying. If I lived where you do, I'd probably be a very happy man.

David - there is absolutely nothing wrong with a '50s vintage OR. Looks like a diamond crease on yours - and a very nice job of it, too.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
some cool hats & caps this weekend guys !
every one a winner

I just got home from 3 days on the coast with my
Bespoke Al's Attire cap .

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8923%3Dot%3E2795%3D%3B%3A%3A%3D75%3C%3D36%3A4%3B%3A%3A66%3B34%3Bnu0mrj

:cool:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the warm welcome back folks. Last week's storm wasn't anywhere near as bad as the one in the 80's, but quite a few trees down around where I live. I must get a tree surgeon out to cut back a couple of mine soon.

Great OR g.d. & great caps Keith & Che

John Galt

Vendor
This is a late reply about Tardan. Last summer I went to a wedding in Mexico City. So I located the Tardan hat store (they've stayed in business all this time) which is just off the Plaza de la Constitución. The store has a modern design. There was a bunch of fedoras, felt as well as straw. I would put them at contemporary Stetson quality, and design. I was really hoping that there would be some sort of memorial to the founder Jean. There was none, and the employees had no knowledge whatsoever of the history of the store, and Mr. Tardan's unfortunate fate (there's a town in northern Mexico, not too far south of Mexicali, called "Benjamin Hill" ). So I took out my iPhone and showed them the NY Times story that John just referenced. Can't say they were enthralled. Too bad. No, I didn't buy a hat.

Too bad indeed! I'd (figuratively) give my eye teeth for a true Jean Tardan hat. I thought I had found an old telescope style Tardan a while back but it was a later model. A sombrero would be great. I saw one just last week, but again it looks like a more modern (Mariachi style) model rather than a functional working hat made in Jean Tardan's time.

[Edit: Seller dates it 1930's and prices it accordingly, but it looks reeded to me, so color me skeptical - http://bit.ly/1ayLmY4. I have purchased from this seller, though, and she generally knows her stuff - especially about western wear].

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy