Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice start Dave and Andy as usual. Everyone looking cool yesterday.
DH66, I love the Elvis lamp!
Knox furry foxhound today.
70es.jpg

AnA, Richard, Che, Monte, Perry, Thanks!

Ana, Your Collins & Fairbanks Homburg looks fantastic! +1 Homburgs!

Rob, Sorry to hear about the problems with your Campdraft but looks good in the photo!

David, Your Tumwater glows!

Andy, Great fall color combos with the Wigins cap!

Perry, Your Knox is a beauty! Great finish and form!

Sam, Great look with the Mallory Durafelt!

HG1, Scary Canvas beater! :)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Coble, thanks for the kind words!

Hatguy, very nice canvas Fedora a good all weather hat!

Sam, very nice, but photographed with this angle the hat looks to small for you!

Perry, I love furry hats and that one is a beauty!

Andy, wonderful wigens Cap, looks very good and suits you perfect!

David, ah The Tumwater, one of my favorites hats in your collection!

Rob, I guess you need a better block to shape the hat. At the first look it looks good for me!

AnA, lovely Homburg and IMHO is that hat made for you!

Dale, I guess the little one is very hungry, good so, so she grow up fast! Sharp Cap!

Steve, outstanding and rare Hückel Homburger. A super hat and looks fantastic on you!

G, yummy yummy Whiskey colored hat, super to have both, a great Whiskey and a great VS!

Richard, sharp dressed with tweed jacket and Beaver Brand Cap. A great looking Cap!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I just finished this one. It was a small 6 7/8 Mid 50's Knox 15 with a tapered and rounded 5 1/2 inch crown. I needed to up-size it and make the crown taller. I re-blocked it with a 5 7/8 inch crown, used a bit of brim width and up-sized it to a size 7. I used the original ribbon, but I took the bow apart and did a different design. I wanted to make the bow look like something from the late 20's/early 30's. I also re-pounced the felt and gave it a finish that was more in line with a Knox 20 or Knox 40. Its as smooth as silk. I don't think the CAV edge was done too well originally because its not the most even edge I have ever seen, but its not too noticeable.

Nice Josh.

I wore my Collins & Fairbanks again today. Never thought I'd wear a homburg to work, but I'm really comfortable there, and they're not at all phased by my variety of hats...

B8204A4C.jpg

I can't imagine why your workmates would be anything other than pleased by your collection. Your hats look like they grew up there. Always a fitting and natural look.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Elegant job, Joshbru.

JoshBru3:
Do you have any pictures of the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Josh.

Nicely done Josh! looks great!

Very nice Josh.

Thanks VERY much, Gentlemen! :yo:

TheHat, unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the "before" hat but it was a very typical tapered/short crown mid 50's hat with a 2 1/2 inch brim. Now the hat has a 2 3/8 inch brim because I had to use an 1/8 of an inch and was able to pull the felt for the rest to fill the crown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW