Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, you and Frosty are well-hatted together.
Well Andy, since you've been moved out of your office, you can always ride the range in your Snowy River!
Soveriegn Stetson for me today.
pw003.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mornin Perry, Andy, David
Frosty the snowman in a playboy, now that is too kool

Fine hats all week I dig them all
Maysers fuzzy is what dreams are made of.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Loving the selection, gentlemen!

Disney 15 for me today. I tell you, though, with the quality of the felt and the cavanagh edge, this is the nicest 15 I've ever experienced. Maybe it was $15 in 1935...

image.jpg

A

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Andy, Eric, Steve, Ghost, John, Sam, Matt, strapped, Perry, Aaron, Alan, David, TJ, Charly and Richard.
Wonderful , nice selected hats my friends!!

Last edited:

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all of the comments on yesterday's homburg.

Alan, I hope you will wear its twin someday soon. I'd like to get a look at it.

Andy, as always, you are sporting a sharp hat today. I'm sorry to read about your saddening transition. I hope that brighter things quickly come.

Today I'm going with the second holiday hat again... Stetson Royal Deluxe porkpie.
umyzu7yp.jpg
6eneba5e.jpg

Matt
A day without a hat is like a night.

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
as always you gentlemen are a site for sore eyes in those lovely hats...I am beside myself in finding this forum where everyone here is so darn classy!! :) now off to the powder room to see the ladies!! :cheer2:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Matt - thanks for the kind words. I must admit that the older I get the more I appreciate working from home. But the change is somewhat bittersweet. I definitely like porkpie. I've always wanted one but never have gotten one. And vintage Stetson and other top maker porkpies very reasonably priced compared with some other models. Perhaps for my birthday in the spring.

Alan, I hope you will wear its twin someday soon. I'd like to get a look at it.

I posted some photos of my Stetson Fifteen in a comparison with a Cavanagh that uses the same narrow ribbon brim binding technique. I'd forgotten the date on the receipt - it was 1956.

TARhomburgs2.jpg

If you have a chance, post an interior photo of your Stetson - is it also a Fifteen?

g.durand

One Too Many
I haven't been around much lately due to work and preparations for holiday travel, but I have to say everyone is holding up the standards around here very well.

VS Charcoal Stratoliner clone today.
vsstrat_zpsfc142434.jpg

Borsalino Nutria XX featherweight

Thank you very much for the comments on yesterday's Lord & Taylor derby.
Today is mild... snow is melting and I chose a very light and flexible nutria Borsalino... a gem from RLK.

121913.jpg

121913_1.jpg

121913_2.jpg

Thank you Ole and Perry. I've tasted a good number of Borsalino featherweights - they sure are habit forming. This nutria is a special treat. I wish I could provide a feel for those who've heard that nutria felts are limited to the rough and tumble.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I wish I could provide a feel for those who've heard that nutria felts are limited to the rough and tumble.

But Alan ... it just takes a plane-ticket lol

I don't own any nutrias, but the clean nutrias I've been close to were quite coarse. On the other hand I have handled some alleged rabbit/nutria blends that were extremely soft. I was told, that the nutria's fur is quite a bit coarser, and that it's guardhairs (the most coarse part of the fur) are scattered all over the animal - not only on the back as on the beaver.

I would like to dive a little deeper into the subject. As long as I live, I have stuff to learn - which makes life a pretty darn interesting place to reside ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace