Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I'm definitely going to give a lot of thought to it my friend. If I can't trade it off you'll have the first shot at it. The hat's in really good clean condition. No mothing. Just a little scuff on the back of the crown is all I see. Nothing serious at all.
alan, thanks buddy. I can just tolerate a Black Western, but not Black Fedoras at all. Mostly the price was too good to resist. Especially for a Resistol Stagecoach in very good condition. Your Outtake btw, looks to be the perfect hat for the weather in your picture. Looks really warm!
Miamibruno, Ha! I was thinking along the lines of a new member of the James Gang!
Kingrat, Why thank you buddy! I have to say that nothing cheers me up more and puts a smile on my face than wearing a big red neck Western!
gear-guy Nice antique store find!

hatguy1

One Too Many
Good morning Gents! All you guys are looking great as usual!

hatguy1, 50 mph winds! You better hang onto your hat buddy!

Yep. These winds are a real challenge. Certainly not for hatwearing with anything with a bill or brim. (That is, unless one wants exercise trying to chase them down the street after they've flown off the head.)

Today on this snowy morning from Central Ohio I'm sportin' my most recent purchase. A butt ass ugly size 7 1/4 Black Resistol Stagecoach! It originally came with a "Brick" crease but I popped it out and reshaped it to a "Tycoon" crease. The hat ribbon was also missing so I put a bolo tie around it in its place. Looks good, I think, for an ugly hat.....will probably sell this one or trade it off.

If you say so, my friend. I think it gives a nice western frontier look to you with that jacket. A lot of folks out this way do anything they can to obtain that look (even when they haven't ever been closer than 50 feet to a live horse or cow).

Last edited:

Mystic

Practically Family
Jumping in late today. Great looking hats all around.

Last day of jury duty....YEAAAAAA!! One of my nicer dress fedoras. Dove Grey George I. Eakle.
IMG_1812_zpse6ad0375.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1815_zps90f0de26.jpg
[/IMG]

Mystic

Practically Family
I've got to think you have got to be one of the most stylish jurors to enter the courthouse, Mystic. That's class and style showing up for civic duty dressed in fine headwear and sportcoats. Very gentlemanly. Well done, sir.

Thanks for the compliments on the Derby, Hatguy. If I gotta go may as well make an impression. Decided to do the opposite of the usual hoodies, football jerseys, t-shirts and ball caps preferred in my area. Ummm, not that there's anything wrong with that.... [huh]

Humorous anecdote; As the judge was thanking and dismissing the jury he said. I want to thank the jury for being attentive, courteous, co-operative and staying awake. And, thanks to juror #9 for the hat show this week. lol

gear-guy

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments on the Derby, Hatguy. If I gotta go may as well make an impression. Decided to do the opposite of the usual hoodies, football jerseys, t-shirts and ball caps preferred in my area. Ummm, not that there's anything wrong with that.... [huh]

Humorous anecdote; As the judge was thanking and dismissing the jury he said. I want to thank the jury for being attentive, courteous, co-operative and staying awake. And, thanks to juror #9 for the hat show this week. lol

+2 :eusa_clap

g.durand

One Too Many
T Jones--thank you for the compliment my friend. Love that big, black western.

Some nice ones today, but I must say Mystic, you're really stealing the show this week. No wonder the judge was impressed.

Heading out for dinner wearing the VS Dove.
photo-80_zpsbfe0e23a.jpg

jrstengel

New in Town
T Jones--thank you for the compliment my friend. Love that big, black western.

Some nice ones today, but I must say Mystic, you're really stealing the show this week. No wonder the judge was impressed.

Heading out for dinner wearing the VS Dove.
photo-80_zpsbfe0e23a.jpg

Love the VS Dove g.durand. Hope you had a great dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic