Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Richard, Justin, Andy, thanks guys. I appreciate your comments on my Bradford. I'm in a bit of a rush so I apologize for not having the time to comment on the fine lids this morning. Today is not a fedora day for me. This morning from Central Ohio I'm donning a work hat....

Me_02.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sam - always good to see the ribbon on that campdraft. Nice photo of your daughter too.

David - and always good to see the black cherry!

Rick - The Stetsonian looks great.

Andy - very nice - beautiful ribbon work.

Hatguy1 - a classic combination. Surprisingly warm here today.

Reggie - That 'mistake' does look good

TJones - I'm sure the work hat is more practical, but I miss the western/fedora and scowl ;)

1280almas - I think that's a first for the thread!

g.durand

One Too Many
A good variety so far today, gents.
Andy--a really nice looking Tumwater. Beautiful color, both felt and ribbon.
hatguy--the good old trusty fedora, nice to see it again.
T Jones--are you working today? :(
1280 almas--I agree with Richard, I think the chef's hat may be a first.
johnnyc--nice looking art-piece, I can see the results of the heat wave in the background.
Richard--let's hope the spring weather holds for you. We are approaching it here, with trees budding and flowers blooming. We finally are getting regular rain here, so the plants are celebrating. Nice CD, beautiful setting, too.
Rick--perfect choice for the stockyards.

I had to wear the Premiere Stratoliner again today.
photo1-51_zps8cfc937d.jpg

photo2-56_zps0cd0b394.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
The strat looks great. May have to order one in the Mink.

It's a nice attempt by Hatco at capturing the old glory. Since you have the "Stratsonian" I'm sure you can see the higher quality. I'm curious as to how that one got past quality control. Have you considered it may be the only one in the world like it?

Banky

One of the Regulars
It is indeed, I was very presently surprised when they started rolling into the shop and the quality is what it is. It's still a modern production hat that lacks some of the attention to detail of old and custom hatters. As to the "Stratsonian" I'm fairly certain it is the only one in the world. The mistakes are so numerous I can't imagine it was done again. Hatco actually wanted it back quite a bit, but I politely refused to return it.

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks, Rick.

The new ribbon looks good, Rusty. Nice to have the option to swap them out when you want.

It warmed up enough this afternoon to wear a straw hat for the first time this year.

Optimo Milan
photo2-58_zpsb4ab27a3.jpg

IMG_2140_zpsad2e9e0c.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
...as to the "Stratsonian" I'm fairly certain it is the only one in the world. The mistakes are so numerous I can't imagine it was done again. Hatco actually wanted it back quite a bit, but I politely refused to return it.

That hat might have been an intentional "mistake" by a disgruntled employee. I can't imagine it getting out of the factory with all those mistakes. I think it is great though. I wouldn't give it back either if I were you!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I like the Stratsonian the best of all the new Stetsons I've seen. I'd keep it too!

Forced indoors this morning thanks to the stupid time change - feels like the middle of bloody winter again, dark cold and snowing :(

Anyway, at least I'm enjoying wearing my thin ribbon Borsalino

smugshot_1528680-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany