Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Green must be the color of the day.

Jimmy, the Stetson is gorgeous, as usual.

Gene, I saw the other pics in the new hats thread, but this one is the money shot. Looks great, and I love that wide binding.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Jimmy. I thought this one would cause some excitement. It's not that perfect, really. The camera 'cleans it up' a bit. But I'm lovin' it nonetheless. I detailed it better in the 'New Hats' thread.

Now, about that Stetson of yours. The sharkskin like quality of the ribbon looks just like the one on my Tom 'n' Jerry. That Stetson is a uniquely beautiful lid. Good job on procuring that one. And I like the center dent! :D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Bolt -- I do not store my lids with the brims snapped up. As a general rule, I store them on their crowns. That may cause some to cringe, but it works just fine for me.

Gene -- Thanks, glad you like the center dent! ;)

OK, I have now caught up to your post in the "New Hats" thread, and it is uncanny how the ribbon on your Knox does seem to have a similar quality to the ribbon on my Stetson. That last shot in the New Hats thread is very reminiscent of the gradation of color on my ribbon. Wow! Incidentally, how wide is the edge binding on that Knox? It looks more like the width on a Stetson Vogue (3/4") versus a Stetson Whippet (3/8").

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I just finished editing my previous post -- I thought your edge binding might be in that ballpark. To my eye, that Tom 'n Jerry is very reminiscent of the Stetson Vogue. Just beautiful.

Cheers,
JtL

MCrider

A-List Customer
citRon,
That Tawny Fawn Federation looks great on you! I just received mine Fed IV in Moonstone and was contemplating the Tawny Fawn. You sir have made my decision. Next pay, I'll be ordering another Federation. As soon as I get the Moonstone the way I like it, I'll be posting some pics.

The raw edge, silver belly Stetson...

This is a Stetson 25 that I had renovated & bashed myself... gtd
P1010005.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gene, that is indeed a classic! That edge binding is the widest I've seen, I believe; very,very nice.

JTL, thanks for posting the technique on your brim sweep. My vintage Resistol has a sweep that looks more like an umbrella than a hat and I will try out your technique on it today.

carter

I'll Lock Up
History

Dinerman said:
Early '30s Mallory homburg, with one of the most interestingly flanged brims I've run across.

IMG_0602-1.jpg
Great Mallory, Dman! Can you tell us more about the hat and perhaps post a picture(s) of the sweatband and liner?

It's nice to see pictures of so many hats but we don't often get any additional information about some of these vintage lids. That's one of the reasons I initially joined the FL. Pictures are fine but pictures with information are even better. As one of the more astute members of the FL, your posts are both interesting and informative. Happy Holidays, Carter
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn