Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
epic610 said:
you have a magnificent collection of hats. and apparently you are indepently wealthy as it seems you have all day to change hats every few hours.

epic610 said:
where the major decision of your life every day is deciding which of your many great hats to wear.

If I am going to be a hero I need more hats. Then I can change them every few minutes ...if I can decide which one to wear.

carter

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
If I am going to be a hero I need more hats. Then I can change them every few minutes.
Rusty, While juggling fedoras, I hope you have time for a snack.
862034227_41343deac5.jpg

Ande1964

Practically Family
Dark Grey/Brown Cavanagh

Forgive the driving photo, but since I work in my basement, I don't get out much! I have to grab a decent hat photo whenever I have the chance. By the way, the iphone is a wonderful thing, but I don't recommend using one to take a photo while driving.

This is my fantastic Cavanagh. It probably dates from the '50s. I love the proportions on this hat. The color is hard to pin down, but very versatile which, I'm sure, was the intention.

Anj

cavanagh_hat.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Ande1964 said:
Forgive the driving photo, but since I work in my basement, I don't get out much! I have to grab a decent hat photo whenever I have the chance. By the way, the iphone is a wonderful thing, but I don't recommend using one to take a photo while driving.

This is my fantastic Cavanagh. It probably dates from the '50s. I love the proportions on this hat. The color is hard to pin down, but very versatile which, I'm sure, was the intention.

Anj

cavanagh_hat.jpg
Looks great, what is the height on the crown? I think it looks good with that brim width.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That color is "Blue Onyx" and I have two in that style/color. Nice hats aren't they!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
carouselvic said:
Colby Jack what is the story on your thin ribbon Whippet. Inquiring minds....
Well it's a 7x Stetson, that we believe hails from Canada....instead of the normal Whippet insignia, it has 3 whippets together and the word Whippet...basically, no one has seen one like this before...[huh]

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow....

carter said:
Rusty, While juggling fedoras, I hope you have time for a snack.
862034227_41343deac5.jpg
That looks delicious, now I'm hungry. :D

If I am going to be a hero I need more hats. Then I can change them every few minutes ...if I can decide which one to wear.

Calling JTL, I think they're talkin' about you Jimmy. :rolleyes:

Maguire

Practically Family
That cavanaugh is quite a sight... i'm scouring ebay and their website for anything similar as we speak. It's damn near perfect.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
WHEW!!

I've been going full bore on projects lately. It's good to be busy and to feel good - but dang, I've been missing out on my TFL time! :p

Bart - Your last several posts are superb in both the hat and clothing departments. :eusa_clap

Rusty - Whatever your daily hat selection method is, it's working pretty well so I say stick with it! lol

gtddean - You've got a great assortment and obviously put them through paces as they were intended.

Douglas - GREAT TO SEE YOU (and your hats of course)! :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Here's one you haven't seen on me yet:

Today I wore my brown Borsalino. It's about as stingy as I'll go for in a hat but there's something about how this hat 'sells' the brim/crown ratio that I really go for. Magical hat.

DSC_0003.jpg

94920629_o.jpg

94920737_o.jpg

Maguire

Practically Family
whats so stingy about it? That's a fine hat as well. All of these high quality fedoras make me feel small in comparison, with only one genuine vintage fedora in my own closet, (and one i don't even wear for the most part)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Stingy as in smaller brim than all my other hats - but for some reason this one's OK with me.

Heck, Maguire, I actually admire a fella' who has some restraint. You don't have to be a compulsive fiend just 'cause some of the other kids are doin' it. lol

Ande1964

Practically Family
Cavanagh Measurements

Thanks all for the kind words on the Cavanagh. The crown, as I bashed it, is just under 5 inches at the highest point. The brim is 2 1/4. The ribbon is 2 inches tall.

It is a really amazing hat. The felt is fairly heavy, but very soft and supple. The sweat band is a full 2 inches tall. I know the proportions are not what most guys here usually seek out, but I love them.

Anj

HarpPlayerGene said:
Here's one you haven't seen on me yet:
Today I wore my brown Borsalino. It's about as stingy as I'll go for in a hat but there's something about how this hat 'sells' the brim/crown ratio that I really go for. Magical hat.
Nice one Gene but I like how the thinner ribbon, wider brims seem to fit you better. This one seems to be too high up on your noggin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL