Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Chuck Bobuck said:
Hey IC! I like the Work of Art, but I really like the CD in your avatar. Great color and shape for you I think. Best of luck with the job prospect!
Thank you sir! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of that mid brown CD too, which should have the same great shape!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
At a award winning Sausage maker near Tokorozawa outside Tokyo.

January2009002.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
daizawaguy said:
At a award winning Sausage maker near Tokorozawa outside Tokyo.
January2009002.jpg

Your locations are always interesting and this is no exception! That is a gigantic sausage! (no sophmoric jokes here)

What is the jacket you're wearing! I like the portion shown in the picture.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Mr. Paladin said:
Those barfights can be brutal sometimes!:D

It was my dog, he did Christmas morning. I got a few hats back then that I'd like to photo and post, but my eye was looking awful. And of course, it's on the bow side.

DOUGLAS, I like the felt color and ribbon on the first Royal Stetson! I've been looking for something similar.

kiltie

Practically Family

carter

I'll Lock Up
Very Impressive

Douglas, Three terrific Stetson's and, as always, a well turned-out gentleman wearing them. I'm really liking that Imperial. Nice.

Kiltie, Where is that hat shop? That's a nice job on the Knox Twenty! Looking forward to seeing it on your noggin.

kiltie

Practically Family
Douglas -
I like the last pic. The brim and band width (?) balance out really well, at least in the photo. I'm sure that's the case in person, as well.

carter -
Paris Hatter. The info is on the band in the pic. Admittedly, the binding at the back of the sweat could be a little better, but I saved the little Knox bow ( cuz it's so unique ) and I'm gonna sort that out myself. Don't waste your time with their website, though; really less than run-of-the-mill. Obviously their bread and butter is in western ( and conventions - BIG convention town...), but they've got some nice Stetsons and some Baileys and such for the passer-by. Behind the counter the've got the whole reblock, cleaning, and repair set-up since 1917. They do boot repair, too.

paris21.jpg

Just saw you post - Thanks Douglas!

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Jauntyone said:
I wore my Campdraft today...
Picture177-1.jpg
Man, those sure do look like a vintage OR, and are a lot less hassle to find in good condition.

If I get out today, it'll be in my new beloved moonstone Fed IV Deluxe. It just feels like magic in the hands and on the head.

MnstneFedIVDlx1.jpg

kiltie

Practically Family
cookie

My own brother, who's also a fireman, came to my firehouse the other day. He went to see if I was in my little cubby-hole and saw my street clothes on the bed , along with my hat. He told my officer he didn't want to go in there because he was afraid of being trapped in a timewarp.[huh]
There's a lot of western wearers in the dept. ( a lot of good old boys from the sticks ), and I've turned a couple guys onto the fedoras, but it's a looooong, steep hill.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
kiltie said:
There's a lot of western wearers in the dept. ( a lot of good old boys from the sticks ), and I've turned a couple guys onto the fedoras, but it's a looooong, steep hill.
Make it a shorter, easier hill with a Campdraft or Bushman in a fedora-like bash. There are some pretty cool hats that sit between cowboy and dress fedora categories. Some safari styles might also work as a transitional hat--the Akubra CEO, Safari, Coober Pedy, Banjo Paterson, etc.

The CEO in particular is a good way to get into a hat that works where a traditional fedora works, but without looking quite like a traditional fedora.

Who knows--if you get something started maybe Akubra would start offering the CEO in silverbelly with a snakeskin hatband. lol

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Oh, and my jacket....is a Aero non-tanned (is that what the color is called) mid weight horse hide...

Jaunty...what are you wearing today...a stingy I bet!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters