Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
I'm wearing a modern Stetson Whippet today. Here is a picture of it...

2015 - 1.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Styl'n pics this morning fellows.

Post gymnastics practice coffee run with my vtg. Lee All-American. The wind is strong and making my brim flap earlier.

i-vdphp6J-M.jpg

I have to head out in a bit for a meeting. I will wear a new Cordova Cap straight out of the package that was waiting for me at my desk. SWEET!

i-KtZbTkd-M.jpg

I spent a couple of moments appreciating the craftsmanship of the custom caps.

i-zphD7Bg-M.jpg

Best to all, Eric -

Last edited:

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
Great looking at man. Is that one of the new open crown models? Any chance of a little review? Or have you done one and I missed it?
Johnny

Hi Johnny,

It's a modern Stetson but not an open crown. I haven't done a review but I could do a quick one for everyone's benefit.

For fitment, this hat was very close to it being a true 7 1/4" hat. I think the feathers that came with it was one of the few that was good enough to keep on the hat. The stitching of the grosgrain edge was precise and didn't have any protruding thread ends, except for one, which is above average in my book. The hat band stitching is subtle but noticeable. The sewing work was, overall, better than other modern hats. The leather sweatband wasn't as supple as I would prefer but still acceptable. It has a snap brim, which snaps down without odd deformations and can be shaped to a limited degree.

The felt is soft and pliable, nice to touch and handle. However, the hat is not too floppy so it should hold it's shape in a moderate wind. The felt has typical density when compared to other hats. Regardless, better than average but not great. The color is even and the pouncing consistent, but not exceptionally smooth. Better than typical current Stetson fare, which is expected given it's a 'Sovereign' grade hat. I gave it the 'white tissue test' to see if I can wipe off any finishing powder. After a few hard wipes, there was a small amount of smudging (dye) on the tissue but nothing to be alarmed at. Compared to my modern Stetson Stratoliner, the Stetson Whippett is marginally better and I consider my Stratoliner to be pretty good.

As a modern hat, I would give it a 8/10 for overall quality.

Last edited:

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Strapped – Sharp as ever with that Madison.

Enzo – Very nice brim on the Daquino.

NYC – Keep thinking like that. Sharp cap as always. Nice ensemble. Make that scarf an ascot and you’re set to go places.

Java – that’s 2 hats worth.

bowlerman – Both are sharp but I love the smaller ribbon.

Hato – LOVE the color on that one. Brings that rustic ensemble into focus.

Daniele – Meno male che la primavera è sbocciata . Qui a Boston è puro inverno.

Dandy – The colors on that Whippet are fabulous.

hatsRme – You’ve outdone yourself. A paragon of porkpies.

Casechopper – Love that Campdraft on you. Great look.

Knotten – GREAT look. How can you go wrong with a Strat!

Tommy – That is a beautiful hat. Beautiful.

SBG – Great Lee. Those caps are sharp, too. Would you say that modern caps are comparable to vintage caps? Or is it like the felts, they were better back then?

Alan - gorgeous. What a great color.

1mach1 - What a beauty. I just bought my first black hat this week. I am just beginning to understand how nice they can be.

Today, my vintage (Brown) Berteil.

Photo on 3-12-15 at 1.56 PM.jpg

Photo on 3-12-15 at 1.56 PM #2.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Bruno sono anche sbocciati i fiori dei mandorli.
Spero rimanga questo tempo, ma come ben sai, già gli Italiani, si lamentano del troppo caldo a Marzo :)
Hai spesso dei bei cappelli da vendere, oltre quelli che indossi. Bravo

Charlie this is your first exercise for the weekend to check your italians.
If is good I will provide you a special food recipe. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara