Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Great hats everyone but I have to say Barts wins for the day!
Great looking lid Bart and a truly neat photo!

635elliott067yh5.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wow, Douglas; that Stetson is fantastic inside and out.

JAAAAYY-TEEEEE; great to see you posting!

Bart; That is one of the coolest pictures in a while - and your avatar looks like it's right out of a time machine. Very well done.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Thanks alot guys.:D Gene great photos and I am really liking all three of the hats, but the first cap with the red accent is sharp.:eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Douglas -- thanks for posting the shots of "The Avenue"

Bart -- great photos!

Carter -- I think the concept of the ribbon-on-ribbon treatment is pretty cool. My initial reaction to your photos is that the lid seems a bit disjointed -- in other words, the ribbon almost seems to exist as an entity unto itself. Or, put differently, the ribbon and hat don't seem to blend organically. And, as I'm sure you know, I offer those comments constructively...:)

J.T. -- great to see you 'round these parts again!

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
This evening I took my favorite gal - and Jimmy the Lid's favorite hat :D - out to the picture show

You got that right, pal! I think it may be time for a green thin-ribbon summit in Monteagle...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bart and Gene-great shots!

carter, I like the two toned look but if the ribbons were both a bit thinner (not JTL thin, mind you) but a bit, [huh] would it look like more hat and less ribbon? I do like the contrast of those two together.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the constructive comments, JTL and Mr. P. I agree, the ribbon seems to overwhelm the hat. It also appears to lower the crown visually. Initially, we had a wide black ribbon and a silver binding. I wanted to coordinate the brim binding and the ribbon, so we layered the silver ribbon on the black. Now, I either need to have a black ribbon or a silver ribbon. Since the silver is not as wide as the black, it may be the best choice. What do you think?

Bart & Gene, great pictures and hats, gentlemen!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Carter -- I'm a big fan of the silver on gray look. Check out this Lee Trinity from johnnyphi, for example. If you are only going to go with one ribbon, I think the silver would really tie the hat together nicely...

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
carter said:
Thanks for the constructive comments, JTL and Mr. P. I agree, the ribbon seems to overwhelm the hat. It also appears to lower the crown visually. Initially, we had a wide black ribbon and a silver binding. I wanted to coordinate the brim binding and the ribbon, so we layered the silver ribbon on the black. Now, I either need to have a black ribbon or a silver ribbon. Since the silver is not as wide as the black, it may be the best choice. What do you think?

Bart & Gene, great pictures and hats, gentlemen!
I think you need to go thinner than that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany